Search results

1. Bowie

Generator issue with well pump?????

With that "Digital Clamp Meter" how much should it cost? and tells you the amps in the line? and I am assuming you don't have to strip the line back to use it? thanks again.
  2. Bowie

Thanks for the help... I will rerun and try the voltages readings above and report back what my findings are... Thanks Kyle
  3. Bowie

So I traced voltage all the way to the wires that head to the pump and it is hot with 130 volts on both leads heading to the pump. I have posted a picture of the inside of my control box. I do not have an amp meter just a voltage reader.
  4. Bowie

How do I check the amps with the lid closed? I will run these voltage checks and get back with the forum. I will try and run these tests later today. Thanks again for all the help really appreciate it.
  5. Bowie

Thanks for all the help. I drained the system yesterday and had my Diesel gen running and nothing was going on with the pump. It ran my cooktop just fine... I then hooked up my gas one and it ran the pump just fine. Just seems like maybe it does have to do with the generator somehow even...
  6. Bowie

It is a 140' deep submerged pump. It does have a control box and I saw the guy put the pump saver module in the control box at least I thought... The diesel generator does not lug down it is like it does not notice the pump is there. The diesel gen runs my cooktop just fine and really does not...
  7. Bowie

My other generator runs it just fine....so that is where I get confused??? I am not sure if I have a three wire pump or not. I am assuming I do because it is 240. Where is the start capacitor normally located? It does have a pump saver unit attached to the wiring but I dont think that would...
  8. Bowie

I am positive. It runs my 240 electric cooktop just fine. It is so weird...I shut everything else off and it still wont run the pump. It seems like it has something to do with the pressure switch maybe?
  9. Bowie

I have a powerboss 7000 surge to 12000 gas generator with 1000hrs and it seems to be working ok but I am sure it will give out soon. https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/PowerBOSS-30220-Portable-Generator/p1056.html I was given a 6120 surge to 6500 Northstar diesel generator by my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks