Search results

1. Chefencore

Softener causing low water pressure?

Coincidentally, the damn thing didn't work for the first 6-8 months after install. It ate up the salt, though. We had so many problems getting the glasses to come out clean and clear, to only find out the softener wasn't working. I don't know what was wrong with it. I'll pass along all the...
  2. Chefencore

I believe it mixes the hot and cold for recirculation to the boiler?
  3. Chefencore

Yes I've included pictures, there is no brand on it. All ball valves. The urinal does seem to be running longer, but I could be wrong. Everything is screwy these days.
  4. Chefencore

So there’s no clean out on the valves. I’ve had to bypass the softener for the day because there’s not enough pressure to close the diaphragms on the toilets and they won’t flush. Now the only urinal is overflowing on almost every flush. Related?
  5. Chefencore

I wasn’t present when the softener was checked. I would have had all the water running, dish machine filling, toilets flushing. Toilets- you are correct. No tanks. There are no filters that I am aware of (not here, at least). There is also a humming/vibration noise that goes along with...
  6. Chefencore

The restriction started a few months ago. The softener was installed 2 years ago, when the restaurant was built.
  7. Chefencore

I saw that thread, but I don’t know of the chlorine content in the water. And it’s not sporadic. It’s all the time.
  8. Chefencore

When I bypass the softener, it completely solves the problem. But it makes my dishes and glassware look terrible. Where would I find a filter? I have a large cylinder and a salt reservoir.
  9. Chefencore

In my restaurant, we’ve had trouble flushing the toilets, not enough pressure to get anything to go down, sometimes to the point that the valve won’t close and the urinal will overflow. When I bypass the softener it solves the problem. I’ve had a tech come and inspect the softener, he says...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks