Search results

1. JStyles

Leaking shower behind wall. Curb too low? Pics

I haven't given up, but we've used a different shower for the past few weeks until I got around to this. I packed under the curb with hydraulic cement this will probably block the flow, but I discovered the root issue. 1) I suspect the preslope is inadequate 2) I'll post a photo, this area...
  2. JStyles

Its possible that this could yield different results since it would be putting some back pressure on the supply line. They are run up from the controls, across the ceiling and then down (I'm almost certain). I dont have a cap on hand, but ill first take a look behind the wall, I havent...
  3. JStyles

I get that one piece is better, but the manufacturer of the liners sells "shower pan liner adhesive" so I'm thinking if done right this shouldn't be an issue. I saw the liner once joined because the contractor specifically pointed it out to me so I wouldn't worry about it. That shower...
  4. JStyles

This is a second floor bathroom. The leak was seen coming from the ceiling on the Left side of the shower (beneath the controls). (I was pretty convinced it was coming from the supply lines, but I've looked behind the walls thoroughly and its all dry. I removed the ceiling drywall and can...
  5. JStyles

Suggestions on what to do about this? I'm not sure what to look at next to determine where or how water is exiting the envelope of the shower.
  6. JStyles

The backer was regular cement board, not Hardie. I can't say for certain if it was installed with an appropriate gap from the mud, so I can't say if it's likely wicking. The shower floor tiles are actually 2", and that grout line is a hair under 1/8 (I'm measure 3/32). Grout is unsanded...
  7. JStyles

According to the instructions it actually shows grout right against it. Though my grout is definitely shrinking it something because there's a pretty healthy gap there. It's connected into a No-hub Shower Drain Base. It's definitely possible that they didn't put the pebbles to unblock the...
  8. JStyles

I'll actually revise and say maybe the top of the liner isn't quite at two inches above the drain... At least from the very top of the drain. Not the be dismissive of the code, but how likely is this to allow the leak. The shower drains very well, no pooling. Nothing is going up and over the...
  9. JStyles

It's not the shower arm. I ran the shower literally shooting the water out the window and there was no leak. I pointed it at the grouted corner that's deteriorating and it was leaking pretty rapidly. But it's not leaking from under that corner, it's actually going to the other side of the...
  10. JStyles

My shower was constructed about a year ago. Some of it may have been over the head of the contractor who did it, who turned out to be more of a 'handyman', good at carpentry not great at this sort of work or tiling. I've got a leak, very definitively from the LEFT side (see photos) on my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks