Search results

1. jmpadil3

How do I drain the washer & softener?

Here is an image of my utility closet, in the center you'll see a 1-1/2" CI standpipe drain, with an inserted discharge hose from the water softener (1/2") and washer (1"). Both hoses are shoved in the pipe, so I don't think there's sufficient air, causing occasional spillover. What's the...
  2. jmpadil3

Toilet gurgling, won't flush with shower running

Problem: My toilet will suddenly not flush when I'm operating the shower in that bathroom. Additional info: The toilet also bubbles when the shower is running. Toilet operates fine before/after shower. Other toilets, sinks, and showers in my house drain perfectly fine. What I've already...
  3. jmpadil3

Shower arm can't reach the recessed drop ear elbow

I had a professional plumber rough-in my new shower and a professional tiler complete the surround, and now it is time to install the shower fixtures. The problem is that now I cannot thread the shower arm or wand handle into the recessed drop ear elbow fittings because the threads do not have...
  4. jmpadil3

Galvanized stub-outs

Professional plumber installed the galvanized nipples pictured here on the new shower system. He says they’re temporary, which is acceptable for me, but why would anyone even carry around galvanized or use it for anything? My 1953 house is full of abandoned galvanized pipe that is full of rust.
  5. jmpadil3

Double Lavatory Renovation - Grade My Plumber's Work!

Howdy all, I recently had a professional plumber provide rough-in installs for relocating a single lavatory to a double lavatory. I'm now bidding out some shower work and one plumber commented on the rough-ins and said that the sanitary tee on the lavatory stub-out is a code violation and...
  6. jmpadil3

Shower drain concrete block out

Plumbers did their rough ins, left this cardboard box around the shower drain. I’m assuming this is a concrete block out, but what purpose does it serve? Should I build something a little sturdier?
  7. jmpadil3

Closet Flange Rough-In Before Pouring Concrete

Building a new bathroom, plumber left the rough-in for the toilet with this closet flange like this. I don't know how to pour the concrete around this. Should I cut the flange out, pour, then come back and install the flange after tiling?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks