Search results

1. Chago

Boiler, Air in lines, no purge valves

Better picture of the expansion tank. The plumbing ends at the expansion tank in this picture
  2. Chago

The highest point is in a crawl space in the attic. Was hoping not to have to use the crawl space to bleed or purge every year. I bled the pipes in the attic with no resolve.
  3. Chago

It doesn't seem like there are any bents on the system. I've bled the radiators without any true success. The heating people that have come out to look at it doesn't seem to have much experience with boilers and want to sell me a new one, for the most part. I just bought the house about 18...
  4. Chago

Yes, there is a gauge on the boiler. Flo control valve is not leaking. The height is about 16 to 17' from basement floor to top of radiators on second floor, which are all base radiators in the attic. The main floor has standard radiators with a couple of real long radiators.
  5. Chago

I have an older boiler that constantly rattles my pipes. Bleeding the radiators hasn't helped. There are three zones, one for each floor basement, 1st floor, and attic (2nd floor) with mechanical circulating pumps. that look to be on the return side of the circuit. There are several different...
  6. Chago

PVC into cast iron flange

I was smelling sewer gas in my basement and after trial and error I discovered that it may be coming from under the toilet. When removing the toilet to replace the wax ring, one closet bolt snapped while the other had no resistance. I found my cast iron flange was rusted out where one of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks