Search results

1. RedBird52

Venting Question (With Photos!): Tieing together 3", 2", 1.5" where the 2" is vertical

Just want to say thanks to Wayne who contributed to this post. Was able to move this forward with all of your help. thank you much!
  2. RedBird52

Venting Question (With Photos!): Tieing together 3", 2", 1.5" where the 2" is vertical

I am so grateful for having access to this forum and all of the information contained within! Thank you everyone for sharing your knowedge with me! So, I have a super tight bathroom renovation. 1st floor is full bathroom and Laundry. 2nd floor is full bathroom. Before I install this vent...
  3. RedBird52

Experts, how is this rough plumbing plan?

Experts thank you so much for your help so far! @Wayne -- you are awesome. Would love to buy you a beer next time you are on this coast. Could we talk for a moment about the dangers of using a Sanitary tee With side inlet? I always thought these things were just not kosher. But perhaps I can...
  4. RedBird52

Thanks Wayne!!! Is the sink being downstream from the WC, as I have it in the drawing, ok?
  5. RedBird52

OK, my latest drawing! Toilet/sink wet-vented. Shower dry vent, with vent being 5 feet from the shower trap. 2" on Shower branch, and then 1.5" vent going vertical into a Wye turned on its back!
  6. RedBird52

ah, I see what you are saying. I will try and re-draw that. Would the flood-plane of a shower basin (as it relates to a vent) be considered 6" above the bottom of the shower pan?
  7. RedBird52

arg, really appreciate it. you caught another error. The dry WC vent [in red] goes horizontal under the floor, rolled up with a wye. Now that you have identified the issue, I understand/agree what I drew was incorrect. Arg,,,,
  8. RedBird52

Wayne, thank you so much! The joists are new 2x10s (so really 2x9s...) but I would be willing to re-frame the floor as needed. Or use these things. MY challenge is the area is box'ed in by 6" beams. See photo.
  9. RedBird52

Appreciate your patients with me, but I didnt think that I could go horizontal with my dry vent. Would the image below for a dry vent on a tub be kosher?
  10. RedBird52

Yes, it does take drainage from above. Ok, scratch that idea. Back around to my Challenge here. I would have difficulty adding a 'dry vent' to the tub, because of the layout of the room. There is no way for me to go vertical until very far from the tub... Do we think that MA does not allow...
  11. RedBird52

Interesting about the shower dry-vent. Could I use a "Sanitary Tee with Side Outlet"? How long can the horizontal portion of the shower branch be after the trap to the stack (I would be 6')?
  12. RedBird52

The Wizard (aka terry) had posted this a few years ago. Looks like I can wet vent if I do it in all 3" pipe. What am I missing? (Source here)
  13. RedBird52

@wwhitney so how could I add a "dry vent" to the bathroom fixtures then. Would this be sufficient to independently vent the WC?
  14. RedBird52

@tuttle, That was so comprehensive. Thank you so much for pointing it out. The center line -- I was not aware of. Would this drawing be compliant?
  15. RedBird52

OK, Ok, I dont want to make things too easy for you experts... But I have some structural challenges.... If the Drawing in Blue is OK, can I modify it with the Part in RED? 1. There is more than 8' of pipe between the sink trap and the toilet, do I need to have the toilet vented separately? 2...
  16. RedBird52

And one more time, to make it more clean! In reviewing this image, I think if I go from Wye to Wye with out a 45 degree, than I will be unable to "roll-up" the fitting. So I guess I need to re-draw this....
  17. RedBird52

EDIT -- Better image below. Ignore this comment, scroll to comment #3! Here is my more complicated version. It just sucks, because the vanity drain will need to cross ontop of the toilet drain.
  18. RedBird52

The collection of knowledge on this form can not be found anywhere else! Thank you everyone in advance for your comments! We are trying to plan out a map of the rough plumbing with the following layout in the photo. Basicially from left to right we have a Toilet, a vanity, a shower, and then...
  19. RedBird52

Whats wrong in this photo? Rough Plumbing Layout Feedback

Oh that could be quite a bit of length! In the diagram you shared, the shower "leg" could in theory be 8ft between the trap and the dotted line. Am I understanding that correctly?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks