Search results

1. Ron_Jeremy

How to replace this broken nut?

You're looking at a Paloma tankless heater. Tried to tighten this nut to stop a slow leak but the nut just split in half. Yes, I have since found out I didn't need the teflon tape but that's incidental at this point. I dunno what the term is, but the pipe is kinda flanged so even if I do...
  2. Ron_Jeremy

Which are the mains cables in my fuse panel (have photo)?

I am trying to install an Efergy True Power Meter. Basically, I am supposed to clamp a sensor onto the two mains feed cables, then a white wire to a bus bar and a black wire to a free 15A breaker. The instruction manual is short and basic but I'm need some guidance in determining the equivalvent...
  3. Ron_Jeremy

New low profile fill valve keeps running

We have a Universal Rundle Bordeau 4005 low profile toilet as seen here: Bordeau 4005 The original fill valve is toast & standard universal fill valves found at local stores are too tall to fit. Anyway, I installed the below 04-4104 low profile fill valve: 04-4104 It fills the tank just...
  4. Ron_Jeremy

New bathroom sink drain tailpiece won't stop leaking

I've gone down a rabbit hole in order to fix a (seemingly) simple problem. I noticed some water slowly leaking under the bathroom sink. The water was dripping off the bottom of the p-trap (not from the water supply lines) so I replaced everything from the sink pop-up stopper to the drain line...
  5. Ron_Jeremy

Can I use JB Weld to fix a leak on a tankless heater water line?

We own a Paloma PH-24M-DP propane tankless heater. The unit is well over two decades old and has been a total work horse. Tonight we noticed a leak in one of the core lines (excuse any incorrect verbage). Being a former dirt biker, I have some JB Weld on hand. Can I use it to fix this leak or...
  6. Ron_Jeremy

Nest thermostat not seeing the C wire but it's there...

...or maybe it isn't? Here's the wiring setup of the thermostat I just removed. Keep in mind I cannot confirm if it was ever wired correctly to begin with but the old thermostat chewed through 3 x AA batteries very quickly. Here's the wiring of our new Nest thermostat: However, the Nest...
  7. Ron_Jeremy

How to determine if heat pump has "aux/emergency/backup" heat?

I'd like to change the thermostat that controls an Amana heat pump because it's incredibly unintuitive. I often see the following warning on the back of many thermostat packages: For use on heat pumps without aux heat. Sometimes instead of the term 'aux heat' I see 'emergency heat' or 'backup...
  8. Ron_Jeremy

Navien PeakFlowE Anti Scale System

We're about to replace an aging tank-type heater with a Navien tankless NPE-180S or 210S. Our home is in Palm Springs, CA where we have hard water. Should we opt to have the Navien PeakFlow Anti Scale system installed? Does it mean we don't have to flush the heater in the years to come? I'm not...
  9. Ron_Jeremy

Main burner comes on without water pressure

We live off-grid and collect/store rainwater (under our house) which is pumped (via 1/2HP pump) to a pressure tank and then to our Paloma PH-24M-DP propane fired (indoor) water heater. This setup has not changed in 20+ years. However, a couple days ago the heater started acting strangely...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks