Search results

1. Mike Rock

Vent location, metal roof

I dont know too much about the spacing guidlines, but that seems like a great idea. This is a pic roof vent, but I assume you can do the same with a DWV vent. I dont know how else you can put a vent on a metal roof without having a risk of it leaking. Its not like a conventional roof where...
  2. Mike Rock

What to do about this bathroom fan?

If there is no signs of roof leaks, it could indicate air movement if the duct is leaking warm air out . Make sure it is fully sealed and insulated.
  3. Mike Rock

What to do about this bathroom fan?

Did you google the model number? I come up with this: https://www.canarm.com/hvac/utility-pressure-radial-blowers/centrifugal-utility-blowers/d500-series-direct-drive-utility-blowers.html
  4. Mike Rock

Eljer/ Valley 2nd gen single handle tub new cartridge VP-1964 missing o-ring?

So just to update, plumbingsupply.com got back to me and said they sold hundreds of these with no complaints or returns. And this part is several years old that they have been offering. They said it does look kind of misleading with the 2nd indentation missing an O-ring, but no reason for...
  5. Mike Rock

Eljer/ Valley 2nd gen single handle tub new cartridge VP-1964 missing o-ring?

Hello, I have a 2nd gen Valley/ Eljer tub faucet. I ordered part Valley VP-1964 BG ( same as Danco VA-4). According to the plumbingsupply.com website , this will fit my faucet. But when I received it, I noticed that it is missing an O-ring, see pics below from plumbingsupply.com website, and it...
  6. Mike Rock

Dry fitting PEX install, why are some fittings loose, and some snug?

Thanks, yes everything crimped, I has to dry fit first because I was working in a tight spot. I have not completed all of the rough in yet, still have to replace a couple of valves in the basement, so I have not been able to turn on the water to test yet.
  7. Mike Rock

Interesting, thanks. I had figured there would be some kind of tolerance. I was just concerned if I had gotten a bad pick from the pile, but when I crimped everything, it all seemed tight. I also have a call in with Apollo tech support to confirm.
  8. Mike Rock

Nope both fittings and pipe are all the same ,type B
  9. Mike Rock

I am re-doing my bathroom and starting to dry fit the PEX pipes. I am using the Apollo brand I purchased at HD. I noticed as I was dry fitting everything with one length of pipe I was using, the fittings/elbows were easy to slip in and out of the PEX, to a point they were falling out of the...
  10. Mike Rock

Question on Watts 009QT Backflow preventer valve

Yes, that is what I thought of as well, the rubber drying out. I really did not have time to research that day on how to clean it out, it was actually easier for me to just change it out altogether. I am going to look into purchasing a rebuild kit and just keeping it handy in the boiler room...
  11. Mike Rock

Question on Watts 009QT Backflow preventer valve

Hi all. I made a visit this past Saturday to the apartment building I manage to check on the steam boiler , and walked into boiler room to find big puddle on the floor with water spitting out of the Watts 009QT backflow preventer valve that is connected to the water feed. I believe this...
  12. Mike Rock

UPC Vent Height? 6" above flood level of fixtures served

As long as you are 6 inches above highest flood rim, which is usually around 42" for the lav, you should be fine. Are there any studs in this wall that would prevent you to do this? Usually it easier in this case then to do what you did, go all the way vertical into attic, then joining it to 1...
  13. Mike Rock

Which silicone to use for shower pan drain?

Anybody? I'm getting to prep the pan with the shower drain, and I want to do this hopefully just once and do it right.
  14. Mike Rock

Delta Shower Pan Crack/Pop Noise

I am not familiar with Delta pans, but I know Dreamline says to use thinset to set their pans down. I find it odd that Delta says to just use DAP. At this point, I would try to spray some expanding foam from underneath to fill that void if you can reach in there . I would get a long flexible...
  15. Mike Rock

Which silicone to use for shower pan drain?

I know there is a debate between using plumbers putty or silicone to seal a shower drain, and I have used putty in the past with no issues, but I think this time I want to use 100% silicone to install my new shower pan for my bath reno. My question is which one do you guys use? I've seen the...
  16. Mike Rock

Shower Handle turns, and I hear water but nothing comes out of the shower

Did you test to see if water comes out with cartridge removed? The only thing I can think of is perhaps the showerhead line is frozen (or showerhead clogged), or one of your supplies is frozen/off. I know the Delta's will not turn on if one of the supplies is off, its part of the balancing...
  17. Mike Rock

Installing vent through roof close to an existing vent, any restrictions?

The original vent is cast iron and not really accessible, its inside a wall. It would be a pain to try and combine it. It would be a lot easier for me to run a new PVC one in a more accessible part of the attic.
  18. Mike Rock

Installing vent through roof close to an existing vent, any restrictions?

RE-doing my bathroom and want to install a new vent through the roof about 2-4 feet away from an existing roof vent. Any restrictions on how close plumbing vents can be ? It is well away from any windows or roof ventilation caps.
  19. Mike Rock

Venting entire bathroom with re-venting 1 1/2 inch existing vent

Disregard, I think I’m going to just run a brand new 3 ” vent through the roof since I have access. This will eliminate any guesswork. I’m also venting a kitchen sink and washer with the same existing 1 1/2 vent, so I’m going to play it safe.
  20. Mike Rock

Venting entire bathroom with re-venting 1 1/2 inch existing vent

Re-doing by bathroom and also trying to correct some mistakes previous contractor did 30+ years ago with the venting . Currently there is an existing 1 1/2” vent (tied into main 4 inch vent stack) for the lav. Due to this bathroom being on an outside wall, and with the way the wall studs and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks