Search results

1. FlyingScot

Toilet Venting Issue

Update. Plumbing is done and I passed my inspection with an AAV in the closet wall (accessible by a fenstrated panel). Inspector was pleased with what we had done although part of the venting for the shower was a little unconventional. He was a very reasonable guy. Turned on the water supply to...
  2. FlyingScot

Toilet Venting Issue

My house is a bungalow with multiple roof lines, deep eaves and projections. It makes doing anything externally challenging. I’ll try to get pictures if that would help. Making the window not operable is not an option. For one thing I would have to make all of them non-operable which with the...
  3. FlyingScot

Toilet Venting Issue

I appreciate everyone’s attempts to help but I’m not kidding when I say it cannot be vented through the roof. The bathroom is in a projection from the back of the house. Set back just above it is a shed dormer. The shed dormer has windows all across it. Code requires that no venting be situated...
  4. FlyingScot

Toilet Venting Issue

Trust me, if I could I would. It cannot be done due to the architecture of the house. The toilet worked fine without being vented at all but I am forced to vent it due to code. I won’t pass inspection without it but the plumbing inspector will not offer any help as to what WILL pass. I know that...
  5. FlyingScot

Toilet Venting Issue

Also, I am aware that the toilet drain is not old. Not sure when it was installed but it was before the crawl space had a concrete floor poured. I’ve been here for 21 years and it was before I moved in.
  6. FlyingScot

Toilet Venting Issue

Redoing a bathroom with an unusual drain situation for which I am not responsible. The toilet currently sits directly atop a 3” (may be 4”) vertical ABS waste pipe that connects to the main drain under concrete and 3+ feet of dirt. The sink had a trap that drained into its own 2” ( I think)...
  7. FlyingScot

Bath layout. Would this be okay?

I am totally redoing a tiny bathroom in my 112 year old house. After demo I discovered that the lav was incorrectly vented into the attic and I'm not sure the toilet was vented at all. I guess it had to be to function all this time but for the life of me I can't figure out how. Now adding a...
  8. FlyingScot

Dishwasher install-PVC to flexible pipe

The taping (Teflon tape) was on the brass fittings that took it from 1/2" PVC down to the 3/8" male threaded connector for the stainless flex pipe. Nobody had the exact fitting you pictured at the time I needed it so I had to add a coupler. I was on a time crunch and couldn’t wait until the...
  9. FlyingScot

Just wanted to come back and say a big thank you for your help. Got the dishwasher installed. Took longer than expected and Bosch dishwashers deviate greatly from standard dishwasher installs as they have a remote junction box and a proprietary supply hose that comes pre-attached and is not...
  10. FlyingScot

If they weren't so close I'd never darken their door again. You have no idea the amount of trouble I've had with them. All I wanted them to do was point me in the direction of the right fitting since I couldn't find it. I didn't ask to be grilled on what I was doing with it. I guarantee you I...
  11. FlyingScot

Thank you so much. So I'm not "doing it wrong"?
  12. FlyingScot

Please be gentle with me. I'm installing a new dishwasher to replace one that has died. I removed the old one last night which was complicated by the fact that it was installed with a dedicated water line (yes I know this isn't necessary but I didn't do the install). It's a 1/2" PVC pipe-90...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks