Search results

1. Charrie

Did I buy the wrong well pump?

Hi all, Is a Grundfos 10S05-9 too big for my replacement pump? My son called me today and told me that one of the last independent hardware stores around here was going out of business. They had a brand new, unopened box, 1/2hp pump left and said that he would take $300 for it. I know that my...
  2. Charrie

need advice on Installing H2O2 injector at well and how to get clean water sample?

I am moving my peroxide injection system up to the well and will be installing a TEE so i can thread the injector in the line. I understand that the injector needs to be installed on the line from the pump and before the pressure tank. Without just re-plumbing everything, I am limited as to...
  3. Charrie

What is causing air bubbles in supply line

Hi, I just installed 2 whole house filters, one before the water softener and one after. They have a clear sump and I noticed when I turned the water back on, the first filter fed from the supply line had quite a bit of air bubbles in it and then it stopped after running the water about a minute...
  4. Charrie

Advice please on installing a Square D 30/50 pressure switch with low pressure cut off.

So i have had this switch for a couple of years now and when the well house was replaced, the well company that did the work said: NO you don't wan't to install that switch. You will spend a lot of time running back and forth to reset the switch. I have lived here 4 years now and we have only...
  5. Charrie

Which cycle flushes out the brine water and how to know?

WE just got the EcoWater water softener EEC1502R40 up and running again thanks to you guys. After the first two manual regeneration's I noticed a fairly large area where the grass seemed to die. it is starting to come back now. So I got to thinking, we have 5 acres and several huge areas of...
  6. Charrie

Truck load of mulch spread near well?

I am not sure how deep our well is but I spoke with a driller who said he drilled most of the wells in my neighborhood and he said around 180' deep. The well is abort 300 feet from the house and on the side of the driveway in a wide area. Right behind the well the embankment drops off about 10...
  7. Charrie

Advice needed reactivating water softener that has been bypassed for one a year

This system was installed 2.5 years ago and and the installer ran the drain out into the yard which within a years time started killing the grass. another issue is that one of the tanks would sweat and eventually the floor began to weaken and the tank tilt just a little. We were also having...
  8. Charrie

Electric hot water heater making noise when heating.

Hi All! The water heater is a 30 gallon US Craftmaster duel element electric standard tank. The heating elements are 4500W each and the wiring is only 12-2 but is only 6 feet from the electrical panel so maybe that is ok. I checked and the wire is not warm while the tank is heating. Back to...
  9. Charrie

Help! Mold in peroxide injection tank?

I just noticed mold growing inside my peroxide holding tank... Should I turn it off immediately? I have a Advanced water system's peroxide injection system with a sterner pump and a salt type water softener. There are 2 tanks. the first taller one is just a mixing tank and the second is a...
  10. Charrie

Well tested positive for Coliform >200.5 What do do next?

Hi and thanks to everyone who does such a wonderful job helping and sharing information in this wonderful forum! I am in the process of buying a home with a well and no public water available. We really love the property but we took a water sample from the well and it came back positive for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks