Help! Mold in peroxide injection tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Charrie

Reaction score
I just noticed mold growing inside my peroxide holding tank... Should I turn it off immediately?

I have a Advanced water system's peroxide injection system with a sterner pump and a salt type water softener.
There are 2 tanks. the first taller one is just a mixing tank and the second is a shorter tank with media in it.
The peroxide is injected into the main line before the taller mixing tank and goes from there through the shorter media tank. There are no filters in this system.

The system is in the laundry room with no windows. The light is off and the door closed unless we are in there.

We bought this house about 6 months ago and all we have done is cleaned the brine tank and added salt. We have never touched the peroxide tank or pump. I tried calling the company that did the install but believe they may have gone out of business. Only one of their 3 phone numbers is still working and it goes to voice mail.

The adjustment ring on the sterner pump is set to 1.5. There is only 2 of us here and the peroxide level goes down very slow. It has gone down abut 4 gallons in the past 2.5 months.

Does the peroxide go bad or loose strength? We have no documentation on how to care for the peroxide tank. I would guess we need to dump out the peroxide (still has about 6 gallons in it), clean the tank with bleach, and add new peroxide?

If I understand correctly, the peroxide should be 35% food grade. Does it need to be straight peroxide or is it diluted with water?

What els3e should we do?

Does it kill coliform?

We do not drink the water. WE only bathe and wash dishes in it..

Thanks

Attachments

• WP_20190509_002.jpg
    WP_20190509_002.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 137
  • WP_20190509_001.jpg
    WP_20190509_001.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 127
  • WP_20190509_003.jpg
    WP_20190509_003.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 136
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks