Search results

1. pizzamonger

Toilet makes faint sound when using

when I add liquid to toilet bowl (urinate), I hear the toilet making a faint sound. I’m assuming in the resevoir? It’s a new kohler low water use toilet. Any ideas? I thought maybe adjust something in resevoir.
  2. pizzamonger

Water heater expansion testing

Appreciate your responding to my posts, but I don't understand your answers. Don't understand. What body? Is this the answer? My cold water supply line to the WH feels pretty dang warm at times. There is a flexible line between the ET and the WH, it's warm. After the ET it's copper...
  3. pizzamonger

My supply line to the water heater was previously wrapped in insulation. Now that it's not, I notice that it gets pretty warm. I don't think there is enough of an arc in the supply line to stop the warm water from backing out of the water heater, because it's warm all the way to the wall...
  4. pizzamonger

Appreciate the discussion. I really don't trust the gauges precision . We are talking a $10 watts water pressure gauge from home depot and an old bike tire pump. Surely they aren't that closely accurate. When my house pressure was 7.5psi lower than the pressure tank though, I was having...
  5. pizzamonger

I upped the house pressure to 60PSI and the tank is set somewhere around 65psi. I notice it's working better. I will try and nudge the house pressure a little higher to get closer to the expansion tank. I have been monitoring the whole house pressure for days from multiple connection...
  6. pizzamonger

Regulator set to 55psi. Pressure tank to 62.5. Used a ton of hot water and then watched the pressure rise from 55psi to 62.5 as the heater heated up. It finished and was still 62.5. When I use the faucet then it spurts on open. Do I need to have my house pressure set closer to the...
  7. pizzamonger

Would love to see what you just posted but it’s not coming through.
  8. pizzamonger

What do you think about building a little wooden leg system on top of the heater for the pressure tank? Would that be ok in the book of water heater rules?
  9. pizzamonger

The guy testing and setting the regulator is a doofus. New pressure house pressure set to 55psi. Pressure tank set to 60-65psi. Will monitor overnight with gauge on utility sink. And dream of building some type of support for the pressure tank since I was left hanging like that.
  10. pizzamonger

Now it seems stuck at 80psi, which is around the pressure before installing the regulator. Guessing the regulator is not working. And guessing the pressure tank is full, since I set it to 65psi. I had a licensed plumber put everything in. Pretty frustrated right now.
  11. pizzamonger

I'm trying to adjust the regulator. No matter how tight I put it or how lose the pressure on the house is 62.5??? Is a wooden stand on top of the water heater ok by the book?
  12. pizzamonger

Where should the pressure tank be mounted? No good spot because the door is right there. Can it sit on the water heater? I know it’s better to have it vertical than horizontal. This rainbow cold water line makes it hard to envision.
  13. pizzamonger

Im hoping it’s just the top of this connection. It’s the cold water line so will need work for expansion tank anyways. The toilet is new so hopefully did not bust that seal. Im watching the water meter overnight. The pressure gauge leaked a little at 120psi. Hard to say what else...
  14. pizzamonger

I only was able to see maybe 5oz of water that came out. Mostly on the connection from the cold water line to the water heater, where I knew it had a little issue. This was definitely more water than I have ever seen in that spot before though. Before it would get wet if I turned the water...
  15. pizzamonger

Yep, no good. Spiked at 120 at some point. Some connections that aren't too tight are leaking a little here and there. What can I do until I get the pressure tank on? Leave a faucet open a little bit? Not use hot water?
  16. pizzamonger

Rough in basement bathroom

The toilet should be the biggest one I would think. My toilet is 4", and the sink and tub are 2" I believe. Do all of the ones in the floor look connected? Do you know where the drain is going in your house? The one in the wall is hard to tell from the photos. That could be for a sink...
  17. pizzamonger

Strangely the water heater doesn’t seem to care that I used a lot of hot water and I don’t even think it’s running.