Search results

1. HuckSTL

AFCI Breaker after Installing Stainless Hoses

The multimeter did not cause a trip. I tested again with a lead and it trips if connected to the valves and the washer or the receptacle. You say panel box. Are you referencing the main electric panel box? That is in the basement and I'm on the 3rd floor. I may need a 100ft extension cord...
  2. HuckSTL

I have rubber hoses on the washer right now and did some more tests. I checked the current between the receptacle ground and the shut-off valves. I get about 1.0-1.3 uAmps of current. I get about the same amount between the machine and the valves. Am I correct that this may suggest a bit of...
  3. HuckSTL

This is an old home (1899) with updates done at various stages. I will need to track down which lights/outlets are on which circuit. I've not pulled the panel cover off the electrical box yet -- I am sure it is a mess inside. I plugged the washer into a nearby GFCI on the same breaker...
  4. HuckSTL

You are correct, the GFCI is not protecting the downstream receptacle. I replaced it anyway as the test/reset buttons were broken. Using an outlet tester, I get a correct wiring signal and the washer plug is 3 prong. I get open loops between the neutral and ground (both the plug and...
  5. HuckSTL

Has anyone seen this before? I replaced rubber hoses with stainless braided ones on an older SpeedQueen washer. Everything worked find until I slide the unit back against the wall. That's when the AFCI breaker tripped. There was also an upstream GFCI circuit that had a broken reset...
  6. HuckSTL

Can I connect a washing machine drain to a 3" toilet drain?

I will call some plumbers to get quotes rather than DYI (unless it is simple). However, I am new to this area and have had problem finding reliable contractors. So I like to get the wisdom of others out there ... This is a small oddly shaped bathroom from a 1988 apartment that was put into...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks