Search results

1. DYIWannabe

Water Hammer Mystery

A couple of knocks after the valve shut off. No knocks when the water is running.
  2. DYIWannabe

Water Hammer Mystery

After a master bathroom remodel (new shower tiles and valves), every time the toilet flush or any faucet within 50 feet closes, there's a knocking sound from wall and ceiling with the shower. The piping is CPVC and PEX just at the shower. I tried a small hammer arrestor at the toilet and...
  3. DYIWannabe

Kitchen Island Sink Vent

Thank you HJ for the comments.
  4. DYIWannabe

Kitchen Island Sink Vent

Terry, thanks for sharing those pictures. If I go with the AAV option, this is what I think it will look like. It's a lot of simpler.
  5. DYIWannabe

Kitchen Island Sink Vent

Fair enough. Thanks for the pointers. Now, the design has no more horizontal vents below the flood rim. Instead there is a long trap arm and long waste line with some horizontal turns. I also included a couple of cleanouts. Could this work?
  6. DYIWannabe

Kitchen Island Sink Vent

Terry, Thanks for the quick response. It sounds like it has to be either the loop or the AAV or raise the horizontal vent to meet the code requirement. I'll look to redesign. Now as an intellectual exercise, purely from a functional point of view, why is long trap arm (42" for 1 1/2" and 60"...
  7. DYIWannabe

Kitchen Island Sink Vent

Instead of the typical loop vent for an island which would require concrete work, I'm opting for a column on the island to run the vent up to the attic to tie-in to a near by vent. Considered the AAV, but decided to avoid that path if possible. Would either of these vent configurations work and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks