Search results

1. Luke Reeves

Inspection - static water pressure test

I have the inspector coming tomorrow to test the water supply (100 psi for 2 hours) and drainage pipes (static water pressure for 15 minutes). I plugged all the drains in all the right spots, filled the whole system with water from the roof vent. I waited a while to let the air escape from the...
  2. Luke Reeves

Pressure testing drainage after traps are on

I need to pressure test a small drainage system with air or water and the p-traps are already installed. The 4 and 3 inch lines I can block with the test caps that expand with a screw, But no stores around here have 1 1/2 rubber test caps Question 1: Can I make "halfs of p-traps with a cap on...
  3. Luke Reeves

Firestopping collars won't fit around hubs of fittings??

Our fire department requires firestopping collars around any ABS pipe that goes through walls and ceilings. But, they don't require collars on PVC pipe 3" or smaller. I have a 2" pipe going down in the floor and then immediately to a 90 elbow in the basement, and into a 9 foot horizontal pipe...
  4. Luke Reeves

Can I start a vent off a wye, after P-Trap? Drawing included

Is it OK to start a vent off the 45 side of a wye? I don't see why it wouldn't but couldn't find an example of my situation on the internet, See attached drawing (sorry it's rotated wrong), Originally I was going to put a sani-tee after the trap arm start and start the vent with a 45 from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks