Search results

1. Steelers1

New toilet problems

Found a local plumbing supply that sells Toto. They want $279 for the original Drake with 10 inch rough in. My parents neighbor is a plumber and he said he would recommend the Gerber Vipor over the Toto and parts are easier to get. The same plumbing supply wants $179 for the Gerber. Any thoughts...
  2. Steelers1

New toilet problems

Do you recommend the Drake then over the Drake 2? Also how do you fudge it another 3/8"? I'm wondering if I would be better off with the 10" rough in. I'm so scared to order a toilet online just to find it doing the same as the others but unless I'm missing something I don't know what else it...
  3. Steelers1

New toilet problems

Thanks, I'm not sure if I trust American Standard after this toilet. I'm not even positive the toilet is the problem but I don't know what else it could be? It's just strange that the new one does the same as my old one. Hopefully I won't have any problems returning this one.
  4. Steelers1

New toilet problems

At this point I just want something that works, been dealing with this for a month now and yes, I had 5, 5 gallon buckets all filled up with water and poured them one right after the other. They couldn't have went down any quicker.
  5. Steelers1

New toilet problems

So if I return this toilet is the consensus here to get a Toto? If so which model would you recommend? The problem is no one in my area knows anything about Toto, I would have to order on Amazon or special order from Home Depot. I'm also concerned with the Toto fitting. I have about 10 3/4 rough...
  6. Steelers1

New toilet problems

Tried it and it went down fine and didn't clog. Everytime it has clogged everything exited the bowl just fine but on the next flush it backed up. No problems with the ball of toilet paper though.
  7. Steelers1

New toilet problems

Yes, I will try and report back. It is a brand new toilet
  8. Steelers1

New toilet problems

The thing is it took 25 gallons of water in about 20 seconds though
  9. Steelers1

New toilet problems

Sorry if this is long but I'm desperate for help. I've had my house for about 11 years now. It's a slab house with a crawl space where all the plumbing is and was built in the 50's. I only have one bathroom and have never had a problem with the toilet clogging or anything until a few months ago...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks