Search results

1. Brad Borch

Replacing Takagi — condensing? Other brand?

I have a Takagi TK-Jr that appears to be nearing the end of its life (put in service in 2008). It drips green condensate from the exhaust drain after I clean the heat exchanger. Is there any reason I can't swap it out with a condensing unit? Any brand recommendations? I'd like to get the tax...
  2. Brad Borch

Square shower head fitting

So I'm rehabbing a place and it's got an old Symmons Temptrol valve, and this square shower head fitting. How do I remove this?
  3. Brad Borch

Discharge toilet to sewage sump?

So I want to put in a toilet but only have access to a 2" drain. A macerating toilet would work, but they're about $1000. Could I do the same thing by discharging the toilet into a sump with a sewage pump that discharges into a 2" drain? Such pumps are less than $200, and the sump and fittings...
  4. Brad Borch

Shower head leaks when tub faucet is open

When we built our home about 10 years ago we used a standard Moen combo tub/shower controller, but didn't include a shower for the tub. When I went to tile the tub, I also decided to add a shower. So I ripped out the backer board and then discovered the plumbers had sweated a plug into the top...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks