Search results

1. OscarRuns

Carbon Filtration: separate tank? vs pre-softener filter?

I am a little confused about carbon filtration based on reading the threads here. Does it require a separate tank with a back wash vavle (aside from the tank for the softener)? My local company says they will place the Centaur Carbon catalytic media in the upper chamber of the softening tank...
  2. OscarRuns

Is Carbon Filtration Dechlorination Necessary?

Do My company I am considering uses a Centaur Carbon that removes the chloramine in their city but said it will also remove the chlorine which is in our city's water (so I am guessing it is a catalytic carbon?). I am not sure if they plan on installing it as a separate tank or as a filter in...
  3. OscarRuns

Yay or Nay on this Hellenbrand + Centaur Carbon combo?? Details in thread...

The info below is what I am thinking of getting for our family of 4 (2 toddlers now, but with growing water needs in the years to come). This was sent in by the company in response to some of the questions I had. Is the clack valve what does the backwashing for the carbon regeneration? This...
  4. OscarRuns

Interestingly, my local company is doing softener and carbon tank from Hellenbrand and RO will be thru Ecowater. I will ask them about the backwash valve. I have to do this MONTHLY??
  5. OscarRuns

Since we have city water, our water is chlorinated. But I am not sure if we have chlorine or chloramine in it by the time it gets to us. I read on here that some carbon filters are not great at getting chloramine out?
  6. OscarRuns

Do I really need a carbon filter for my home water filtration system? I am thinking of getting a Hellenbrand system installed with an Ecowater RO system. Contemplating adding in a carbon filter as well. We have city water (hard water). Is carbon filtration really needed? What are pros and...
  7. OscarRuns

Salt Based vs Non Salt Based House Water Filtration Systems?

Thank you for your response. Though I am not familiar with the industry, my gut was telling me to stick with the salt based systems. What are your thoughts on dechlorination? Any type of dechlorination system better than the other? For a family of 4, what should I be asking in terms of...
  8. OscarRuns

Oh, the non salt based company I was referring to in specific was Aquasana....which seems to pop up in a lot of the top 10 lists and is often in the top 5. But I felt like a lot of those sites that had the rankings were biased, promoted by a certain company, etc....so not sure how objective...
  9. OscarRuns

Yes, city water in one of the chicago suburbs. Known to be hard water (our builder agreed as well). The Culligan rep tested the water and showed it tested at 26 or 27 I think (can't remember clearly). Initially, I wasn't sure if we also needed dechlorination or not. I knew I wanted to soften...
  10. OscarRuns

I have done a little research on filtration systems and was comfortable going with the Hellenbrand system with the Clack valve, which one of our local companies regularly installs. We were also planning on installing RO, so we weren't as concerned about the added salt to the water after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks