Search results

1. Geran

How to move studs to fit tub/shower valve?

Hi, My wife and I are renovating our spare bathroom and demoing part of the walls where the old tub/shower was. This is the wall that the old tub/shower valve was on. One stud is burned really bad from someone trying to solder there and there is an electrical wire running through the wall to a...
  2. Geran

2x4 roof truss insulation

Hi all, I have a home built in 1979/1980 with 2x4 roof trusses. I am wondering how would you go about insulating the underside of the roof. Looking at BSI-100: Hybrid Assemblies from BuildingScience, I am assuming Figure 6 would be the best option with R-15 closed-cell, and the rest being...
  3. Geran

Garage wall insulation

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advise on the best way to insulate my garage walls. The walls are cinder block with a brick exterior. The garage will be cooled in the summer and heated in the winter as it will be my workshop and server room. Outside wall Back wall Wall connected to...
  4. Geran

Basement insulation for walls and floors

Hi all, I am currently in the process of finishing my basement. I've put up the 2x4 walls (they have 1" xps as a capillary break)...now it is time for the flooring and insulation. This is where I need some help. For insulation purposes, I live in Maryland (climate zone 4). Walls My idea is to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks