Search results

1. Cam Wood

Series or parallel water heater

If I run in series, will both WHs initially be fully heated, giving me 76 gallons of hot water?
  2. Cam Wood

Series or parallel water heater

I just finished my house in April. I have a 38 gallon electric water heater in the crawl space. I knew the WH wouldn't be able to keep up with the jacuzzi tub but couldn't afford a second WH until now. The question is do I install them in series or in parallel to maximize available hot water and...
  3. Cam Wood

Instant hot heater to lav

Its just for hand washing in the shop
  4. Cam Wood

Instant hot heater to lav

I need a 120v single lav heater that is relatively inexpensive. .5 gpm at minimum. What have you had luck with
  5. Cam Wood

Tub surround

Which do you like?
  6. Cam Wood

Tub surround

I am in the process of building a house. I am the GC. I had a bootzcast tub installed with the plan of a tile surround....money has dried up so I am now looking for another, cheaper, option. I want something that won't leak in a year... Acrylic or fiberglass surround? What works with bootzcast...
  7. Cam Wood

Rainbird quick connect, WHY???

I install them regularly in parks and cemeteries. Places where we don't want the public to access them and inevitably leave them on. They have their place.
  8. Cam Wood

Rainbird quick connect, WHY???

You can absolutely swap them for a regular hose bibb. These are quick couplers as they are called are mostly used for their inconspicuousness or security, so unauthorized people without the quick coupler male end cannot use them.
  9. Cam Wood

Brass vs plastic PEX fittings

Do plastic PEX fittings last as long as brass ones? Is there any worry they may crack?
  10. Cam Wood

Tree root grew into main bubbler supply line

It's worth a shot. If it's in there very far i think it's not going to come out.
  11. Cam Wood

Irrigation for Dummies?

Rainbird.com has a head layout guide
  12. Cam Wood

Minimum depth of pipe under slab

Can anybody cite a code that says that a dvw pipe Cannot have concrete poured directly on top of it?
  13. Cam Wood

CPVC in attic

I'm in the water works and irrigation business and I regularly test plastic lines to 250 psi water pressure. I test to double normal working pressure. Sch 40 pvc can handle 350+ psi. I don't know about cpvc, but some plastics can handle high pressures
  14. Cam Wood

No hot water

Tripped breaker, if electric
  15. Cam Wood

Bathroom group underslab rough in

Would the toilet be close enough to the main stack to direct vent?
  16. Cam Wood

I knew I didn't know enough about this so i had it designed by a master plumber. I just installed it.
  17. Cam Wood

Minimum distance underslab DWV line

Would you say a couple inches would be good enough?
  18. Cam Wood

Minimum distance underslab DWV line

Is there a minimum depth underneath a slab that a sewer latteral needs to be or can concrete be poured directly on the pipe?
  19. Cam Wood

So...is it correct. Do you see anything that would make it fail and inspection. I know you can't see it, but it all has 1/4" per foot of fall Toilet, floor drain, and lav. The 45 back to the back wall, next to cleanout will be the lav and vent.
  20. Cam Wood

Does this look right?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks