Search results

1. douglasr

Well pump keeps cycling - Need help troubleshooting

Yeah. I made an uninformed and ultimately poor decision. So I was finally able to grab details from the well. 4" Casing, total depth 125', pump is at 96' and the depth to water is 32' from top of well head. The run from the well head to house is actually closer to 175' and is slightly downhill...
  2. douglasr

I don't. I ordered the pump mainly of HP ratings and while the pump has worked great (for a short time ;) ) I now realize it was not the best choice. That is what I am looking for now. Based on our usage 10GPM would be more than sufficient. Any recommendations? Here is one I am looking at. Now...
  3. douglasr

So it looks like the pump itself has gone out as well. We were running it even with the low pressure in the tank so I know it was cycling a lot more and it looks like we pushed it too much. So with putting on the 40-3 CSV and the 20 Gallon Pressure tank what am I looking for in a new well pump...
  4. douglasr

I have the CSV125 40 PSI, 1GPM bypass non-adjustable model and a 30/50PSI Pressure Switch. From troubleshooting this system before I recall the pump was able to take it from 30PSI to 50PSI in around 30-45 seconds. I am going to confirm my well depth and water level tomorrow although I am not...
  5. douglasr

So I have a brand new 20 gallon pressure tank and 1GP CSV, 30/50 Pressure Switch and Relief Valve sitting here for install. But my pump will not be able to keep the back pressure needed for the CSV? So what pump do I need to replace it with? I want to do this right and not have to worry about...
  6. douglasr

Awesome. My pump is a 1HP Hallmark and the actual water intake is at 102' down. Pump materials state 33GPM but list true to be 17.6GPM at 138' deep and 24.7GPM at 82' so I am thinking I sit closer to 19-20GPM at 102'. I am definitely leaning towards the CSV after much research last night. Only...
  7. douglasr

Yes submersible. Well Pump is 102 feet down. I do not recall the actual depth of the well though. Thanks. I will be testing the air stuff tomorrow.
  8. douglasr

Thank you for the quick response. I just started researching the Cycle Stop Valves but I like what I see so far. 50 PSI constant would be really nice and I like the idea of less start/stop cycles. Is there a formula for sizing the CSV? Also with the new 20 gallon tank coming in can I just...
  9. douglasr

Residential Well System - 1HP Pump (New as of 3/2017) to a 20 Gallon Pressure Tank (New as of 09/2016). The D-Square 30-50PSI pressure switch, gauge, and T connection were all replaced at the same time as the pressure tank. Pressure tank was charged to 28PSI at install. No leaks anywhere around...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks