Search results

1. SubnetMask

Tightening NPT fittin in a plastic housing

I finally got my Rheem tankless water heater installed yesterday, and after turning the water on and flushing the lines, I ended up with three drips - all from NPT fittings, and all on plastic housings. One was into the whole house filter, which since I used sharkbites on, was easy to fix -...
  2. SubnetMask

Tankless Water Heater gas supply sizing

So I had the gas company come out and scope out the situation and quote a solution, and a workable solution has been figured out. The plan is for them to replace the meter and increase the pressure from the meter to 2PSI, then place a ~400CFH regulator right before the line enters the house to...
  3. SubnetMask

So I went back and re-measured the piping, 'more accurately' this time, and from the meter to where it currently splits off to the WH and furnace, there are 6 90 degree turns, including the first turn in the meters manifold, and 35 linear feet of pipe, so that brings my 3/4" run to a 'total...
  4. SubnetMask

While you're probably right about the furnace being over-sized, it's not something I'm going to worry about at this moment, since I'm not going to replace it because it's too big. Now, if/when it needs to be replaced, that's a different story, and I will certainly keep your comments in mind, but...
  5. SubnetMask

Good call on the meter - the plate was painted over, but it looks like it's a 175 CF/hr. Not going to cut it by a long shot, so one way or another, the gas company would have to do an upgrade. Dana, I'm not sure about appliances expecting 14" - my dryer, for example, specifically states an...
  6. SubnetMask

Our water heater is in the process of dying. If it's just the pilot light, it'll run forever, but once the main burner kicks on, and I noticed that while the burner is on, eventually, the voltage from the thermocuple starts creeping down until it gets to 9.9mv, then after sitting there for a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks