Search results

1. akita

Acceptable leak rate for air test

cold side is not pressurized during this test. I'm concerned it is *always* humming, even when fully shut closed. that seems weird. There doesn't seem to be a way for it to retain pressure.
  2. akita

yeah, that was a bad link. I'm now testing as high as my gauge lets me -- which is 60. cold side is fine. hot side misbehaves. Thje valve hums in all positions and never seals. Made a video of the incredible buzz the valve makes: Was at 30 in video, because hot side had already leaked...
  3. akita

Well of course the tester leaked. Got that fixed and cold side of house is fine. Held within a 1 psi overnight. The hot side leaks ~ 1 psi a minute, all the while the shower valve is humming like crazy. No bubble anywhere. The cold side didn't do this humming at the valve. I used threaded...
  4. akita

Good call. My house drops 10-15F overnight due to my thermostat settings. That probably accounts for some of the pressure drop. Will check back tonight to see if it has dropped any further. I'll be washing all the flux off with soapy water -- will give an opportunity to look for bubbles...
  5. akita

What is an acceptable leak-down for an air test? I lost roughly 10 psi overnight with my copper supply lines (60->50 psi). This is the loss rate given all the valves and fixtures installed. I'm not sure if typical household fixtures are rated to be both watertight *and* airtight. (Most...
  6. akita

Main stack with a 30deg diagonal jog

Would it be proper if the tub p trap went right into the vertical 2inch vent? If yes, would that be a tie in with a sanitary tee?
  7. akita

I cleaned up some of the drainage angles and added clean-outs. I'm hoping to glue this weekend. (Having no toilet, shower, or kitchen sink is kind of a drag!) Any last critiques?
  8. akita

Lowe's plumbing aisle

See image I think an inspector would fail this sign.
  9. akita

Routing iteration number 2 shown in attachments. Is this ok? Any advice?
  10. akita

Yup, that's true. It's getting a 1.5" one up to the attic. Will take a new picture after I rework it.
  11. akita

This is going to be tough. I think I have enough room to get a new 1.5" dry vent to run at >45deg through the space between the tub apron and basin into the nearby wall. (Immediately above that sanitary tee shown in the pic is the tub running perpendicular to the joists). Aside from the...
  12. akita

Is this an ok option to vent the problem WC?
  13. akita

The pipe is all dry fit at this point. I'm all ears. Any advice?
  14. akita

I'm not sure about the connection to the main stack that currently has a short run of 30deg from level. This stack serves an upstairs toilet and sink, and I'm unsure if this short jog needs to be ripped out and made 45deg from level or steeper to work as the vent for the nearby WC. What do...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks