Search results

1. Home Improvement

UV C for disinfecting my water tank

I have water tank with 1 meter cubic capacity and a UV C lamp 32W. how long does the UV C lamp need to be turned on to do an effective germicide irradiation on my water tank to kill bacteria, etc, but most importantly, spores of mold, and fungi which would clog the pipes. I assume that once the...
  2. Home Improvement

How much CO2 released by tankless gas water heater?

Hi all, I'd like to know how much CO2 is produced by a tankless gas water heater? I'm sure it's nowhere near danger level. this is a Paloma PH-5RX, the flame is set to minimum. How much CO2 is being emitted per minute? just wants to know the estimate. my folks are "concerned" about CO2...
  3. Home Improvement

PPR or PEX for my gas instant water heater?

Hi all, I'm installing an instant gas water heater, and right now, I'm confused which pipe should I use for hot water delivery, PEX or PPR. what are the pros and cons of both? or perhaps there are other alternative (excluding copper or any other metal pipe of course) thanks
  4. Home Improvement

Effect on pump position

Hi all, in this diagram, I'm wondering if there's any difference at all (performance, electricity consumption, etc) between pump position 1, 2, 3 and 4? assuming the exact same pump (shallow water pump) is used for each of the positions. thanks
  5. Home Improvement

Ways to increase water pressure before entering water heater?

Hi all, I'll put a diagram of my house to make things clearer my water heater (WH) is of type paloma PH-5RX. Ideally, it needs pressure of 1 bar, but minimum working pressure is 0.2 bar. the water from local water mains can reach about 1 m above second floor, so that's about 0.2 bar when it...
  6. Home Improvement

ideal pump for water heater

Hi all, I'm planning to install a gas water heater, but the local water mains can only output like 0.5 bar, while the ideal pressure is around 1.2 - 1.8 bar. another thing is that there's a height difference of approx 1m between my local water mains and my house (my house being higher than...
  7. Home Improvement

Gas vs electric tankless water heater

Hi all, I have some assumptions regarding gas vs electric water heater: 1. gas is safer, since if there's a gas leak, you can smell it, but with electric, you need to get electrocuted first before realizing there's some fault in the system 2. gas completely ignores power outage, just prepare...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks