Search results

1. misterC

New pressure switch cut on delay....

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and update everyone on my situation. It magically just fixed itself. Lol no shit. No delay after 3 days of delayed waterflow. The only thing I can think of....the power company adjusted the voltage in the newly installed transformer?
  2. misterC

Reach4... yes there is a 1-3 min lag for the pump to start. I will look into an ammeter to check the voltage during lag. thanks✌ LLigetfa...i know right lol. I bought the 115v pumpto run off a generator while we were building a house. Now that we have power, I'm wishing it was 240v. Static...
  3. misterC

Hi Reach4, thanks for taking time to reply. The switch does click with a few min delay of the pump starting up. Unfortunately, the pump is 1/2 horse 115v and the capacitor is in the well. Noooooo! Was hoping it had something to do with the switch pressure settings. I will tinker with the...
  4. misterC

I recently installed an 86 gal pressure tank and pressure switch. All is well other than when the cut-on clicks at 30psi, the pressure gauge immediately drops to 0 psi and the pump does not start up and we lose water in the house. But the pump does start within a minute or two or three...lol at...
  5. misterC

New 1/2 horse pump 115v 2 wire not working...

Yes, it the thickest gauge I could get my hands on. I doubt it's US made as it's from home depot. Haha. Not ideal but works with my 1horse 115v shallow pump considering my circumstances.
  6. misterC

A few days ago i had the generator hooked directly to the well wire with no luck. 10 gauge submersible wire down 150ft. I pulled the submersible out and put back the old 1hp shallow well pump. It ALWAYS works. Even on my 2000watt generator. The shallow pump is 10amps as well...The reason why it...
  7. misterC

I talked to a Franklin motor engineer this morning and my pump requires a ridiculous 64 amps for around a half second. My generator can handle roughly half that. Looks like I'm waiting for power...but at least i know what the issue is.
  8. misterC

Lol damn. I got it off water pumps direct website. It should work at least once then. It's only temporary while we develop this raw acreage and has a 2 yr warranty. I needed a 115v pump to run on a generator until the county graces us with an electrical permit. Which they won't do until septic...
  9. misterC

It's a generator...3500 peak watts/3000 running watts.
  10. misterC

Nice...thanks for the ohm info on the Franklin manual. I tried calling Franklin to ask what the required startup amperage is for my pump but weekend and labor day tomorrow. I'm leaning towards the generator theory due to the pump being brand new. That would be horrible if it was faulty. Lol
  11. misterC

Yeah like twice the amps if I remember. Is it common to get a faulty pump out the box? I have 1.8 - 2.0 ohms, it should be ok? One thing I forgot to mention to everyone is the plug I wired is 15amp 120v. Could I need a bigger plug to get through the spike in amps at start up?
  12. misterC

I measure in between 1.8 - 2.0 ohms when it's down the well. Yes, I used a shrink tube for each wire. 2 hots and the ground. Then to be sure i wrapped it with scotch pro rubber tape and finished layer of scotch 33. Using a torch set on low was a breeze the second time for the shrink tubes...
  13. misterC

Plugging the generator directly to the pump plug didn't work. Generator said it's pulling 34amps now, says overload, and pops the breaker. How many damn amps does this baby need to get up and running?! Lol damn. I'm a fan of 240 for this very reason. But in my case, I had to go 115v pump...
  14. misterC

Well....(no pun intended) I pulled the pump out and found the bad splice. Fixed it and have continuity. The ohm is reading 2.0. Plugged it in to the generator and it accepted the load, which is around 25amps on startup. But still no water? Is there anything I need to do to get the submersible...
  15. misterC

I can't rest until I know what the issue may so I checked ohms/continuity with a headlamp on. Turns out there is an open loop in the wiring somewhere. Which means I suck ass at heat shrink splicing. Off to the hardware store I go to get more splice kits tomorrow morning.
  16. misterC

Thanks for the reply... Do you think the generator is not big enough? I have a multimeter and voltmeter and will check tomorrow. However, it's like reading egyptian to me. What do I look for?
  17. misterC

Hello everyone, Just installed a Red Lion 1/2 horse, 115v, 2wire submersible pump to a depth of 160ft this morning. Model #RL12G05-2W1V. 10 amps / 670 watts I installed the heat shrink splice kit (did a horrible job im pretty sure as it was windy and they suggested a bic lighter to heat...
  18. misterC

4" PVC liner and pitless adaptor

Thangs for the reply... I'll look into my insulating options. Ordered my pump and poly...ill post pics. Any specific reason why everyone uses a T and not a 90° fitting coming out of the well seal?
  19. misterC

I think your on to something...i checked my neighbors well on vacant acreage and they have the same setup with the well seal. I have lived in colder areas my whole life and thought pitless adaptors were just how it was to hold the weight. After looking at the well "seal" not the well "cap" it...
  20. misterC

Thanks for the reply... I'll look into the tool. I thought the same thing about getting screwed. Lol
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks