Search results

1. tom evans

Old toilet flange flush with floor on cast iron

Crap, even more confusion. While looking at the instructions on the Hydroseat, I notice #4 - reusing the bolts from old flange? and replacing old flange if broken? My confusion may come not understanding terminology i.e. flange versus ring. Or what, just ignore step #4, other than placing...
  2. tom evans

Ah ha, thanks, Reach4. It is all making sense on what is needed. Thanks for the link about tapcon screws rusting away, I would not have thought of that. My local Lowes does not seem to carry the stainless steel Tapcons. I am leaning towards the Superior Tool Supering only because of the...
  3. tom evans

hmmm, no, I'm not trying to raise the ring. Although, if the fix is as easy as finding a good ring and affixing it over the old, then I'm up for that. The problem is the slots for the bolts to the toilet. When the toilet is set down in place, the bolts would be in the wide areas and NOT 'lock'...
  4. tom evans

The ring is brass. Could I fasten a new ring over that one?
  5. tom evans

I had a new section of basement wall poured and am trying to replace the toilet (haven't bought it yet) The flange bolt slots were apparently misaligned in the original installation. The 2 wide slots for inserting the bolts are 12" away from back wall and parallel with the back wall. I...