Search results

1. Danny Soroudi

New custom home build, need feedback

Ask and you shall receive (months later). On the left side of the room is the water softener system. On right right are my 2 tankless heaters. To right of those is the recirc pump. Expansion tank (not pictured) is below the tankless heaters), with a floor drain as well. Living in the house now...
  2. Danny Soroudi

Been living in the house a few months now. Love it. Unlimited hot water, never takes more than 10 seconds for hot water to reach any faucet or shower, no issues when multiple showers or faucets running. Really happy we insulted every line so we don’t hear water running anywhere from inside...
  3. Danny Soroudi

So, here I am, back after finishing up the house which took WAY longer than I expected (shocker, I know). So, my initial feedback: 1) Went tankless and so far, so good. Time will tell, but I am happy as of now. We ended up going with 2 Noritz tankless units instead of Takagi or Rinnai after...
  4. Danny Soroudi

So interestingly enough, not 'too late' ... the feedback I received on this forum made me really dig into the issue in greater detail and consult with more contractors than I could have ever thought possible. In the end, although I decided to stay with a tankless design, several other major...
  5. Danny Soroudi

So the model of tankless proposed is the Takagi T-H3-DV-N ... 2 of them. And yes, they are 199k BTU units, and confirmed they work with recirc pumps
  6. Danny Soroudi

Water Softener System needed for new house build

Residents: 6 No multi-head showers. California is very difficult and has strict restrictions on flow rates etc Plumbing is copper (going to price out PEX, but I doubt I will use it) Diameter of line from house to the city meter is a 2". Within the house its 1.5" for HW and CW for the main loop...
  7. Danny Soroudi

Water Softener System needed for new house build

So I am learning about the intricacies of water softener systems here, very useful information indeed! I am about to start a new home construction, about 6,000sf, 7 bathroom house in Los Angeles, CA. I will be going with a tankless system (yes yes, I already know some of you dont like that)...
  8. Danny Soroudi

So, to respond to the above replies (which I really appreciate the feedback so far, its been eye opening and quite helpful!) First, to my "plumbing engineers" credit, he did specify I will need a water softener in the plans, I had just missed it. He did not spec out a specific brand/model and...
  9. Danny Soroudi

"The fluoride concentration in your water ranges from 0.6 to 1.2 mg/L. Your water's average hardness is approximately 290 mg/L or 17 grains/gallon." Pretty hard I guess. But I suspected that already, and descaling is something I've already assumed would be required on a year basis. Now I will...
  10. Danny Soroudi

So my mechanical room is 8' x 4.5' .. not tiny, but I guess not huge. For what the design team is using for the space for (2 tankless units, and a recirc pump) its not cramped at all. I have a totally different closet for all the audio/visual/cabling stuff for home automation, and my HVAC...
  11. Danny Soroudi

Pretty much the answer I was hoping NOT to hear. The 1st level of my house, where the water heaters will be located is the basement/underground level. There is no room or way to get a full size tank heater in there (or replace down the line), so short of a major redesign of my house, which isnt...
  12. Danny Soroudi

Been lurking on this site for a while learning about the world of plumbing as I prepare for our new home construction, and now that we're getting close, I'm ready with my questions, I think. I will be building a new 6,200sf, 3 story house in the Los Angeles area. It will be a totally custom...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks