Search results

1. Cclittle

Water Pressure Question

Amazon, if they get past where Sears did, will certainly affect prices. Personally, I don't think Jeff Bezos needs another billion $$. If you want to hear how big stores mess with things, you should read "The Walmart Effect". Thanks for your input everyone.
  2. Cclittle

Water Pressure Question

Thanks valveman. Totally agree - the times are changing, and hats off to the people that realize that and change with it. The fact is, I did find a good plumber willing to do it, but I didn't want to wait out his month of backlog. So I've resigned to doing it myself. I've already replaced the...
  3. Cclittle

New Pump Question

Wow, so the traditional local well guys wanted $400-500 more for the Grundfos than a comparable Franklin. But I see I can get the Grundfos 16s10-10 on Amazon for about $800 and have Amazon Home Services install it for $400. That's about the total cost the local guys want for a Franklin...
  4. Cclittle

New Pump Question

Valveman - I should probably ask: since I'm replacing my pump after I do the work inside the house, do you have any recommendations for which one I should get? I've been looking at the Franklin Series V 15 GPM 1 HP (2 wire). Any issues there? If so, what do you recommend in those specs (and...
  5. Cclittle

Water Pressure Question

I get it. Many didn't seem to understand that removing restrictions improves flow and pressure.
  6. Cclittle

Water Pressure Question

Sorry, so I do have 1/2 hp Franklin motor, but the pump is actually a 12 gpm Aermotor. I imagine it's probably delivering more like a 10 gpm pump after all this time. Many of my neighbors have the same (original install in our sub from 2003/4), but some have 3/4 or 1 hp pumps at 20 gpm (must...
  7. Cclittle

Water Pressure Question

Sorry again if I'm thick on this stuff, like I said, IT is my wheelhouse... :)
  8. Cclittle

Water Pressure Question

"A 1HP, 10 GPM won't deliver any more water than the 1/2HP, it would just work from a deeper well." Or... produce a higher pressure to top off a system set to 50/70, right? You're correct in that for the house we don't need any more water, just more pressure. OTOH, we do have an irrigation...
  9. Cclittle

Water Pressure Question

I do have a CSV waiting to be installed, and some other new piping (and 50/70 switch) to install with it that will remove several restrictions (higher diameter main line and fewer hard turns). The intent is to set things to 50/70 with the CSV at 60. Or maybe 45/65 with 55 (I'm leary about too...
  10. Cclittle

Water Pressure Question

Hi everyone, I'm in IT so I'm having problems getting my head around water pressure. My pump is 1/2 HP 10 GPM Franklin at 80 feet (water is at 50). So if I look at what Franklin pumps can deliver (curve/table), it shows me that such a pump can only provide 7 gpm at 60 psi and it can only...
  11. Cclittle

Replace PEX Line?

Hi all, I'm thinking of replacing my well pump (see that forum for discussion on GPM and PSI), but it got me thinking about the inside plumbing as well. I'm going to open up the copper stuff around the tank to 1.25", add CSV, etc). Actually, I could use some additional perspective there, so...
  12. Cclittle

New Pump Question

You're kidding about 65 PSI right? :) Here is a diagram of what I have in mind inside and a pic of the current setup. I'd like to open things up in the middle of this to be all 1.25" and replace the hard 90's with longer radius ones. And replace the 1" to .75" to 1" that currently exists to...
  13. Cclittle

New Pump Question

Hi everyone, it's time to do something about my wife's complaints about low water pressure. Our well currently has a 1/2 hp 12 gpm Franklin pump that was put in some 14 years ago. It's at 85 feet in a 4 inch well that is 103 ft deep and has a water level of 50 ft. When they did the well, the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks