Search results

1. finvarra

Computer Issue - Suggested It Is Electrical

The sound system is AudioEngine5+ (again added after the issue started). It is connected to an AudioQuest - DragonFly Red USB DAC which connects to the USB in the back of the NUC (again added after). The only thing that has been retained from the old system is the monitor - but I swapped that...
  2. finvarra

Reach4 - I just bought this UPS (APC Back-UPS Pro 1300VA) two months ago - after the issue arose. Shouldn't it be able to handle the load? WorthFlorida - Inspecting/changing the outlets seems like a good start. But again - could this cause such a sound/noise?
  3. finvarra

I think I've exhausted all possible computer-related issues. My question is (and I really apologize for my ignorance), is there any way that sound can be created by an electrical issue. And if so, how can it be diagnosed/repaired?
  4. finvarra

Same symptom - three different machines. But - as I said in the original msg - no issues when I use the computers in another part of the house. I have tried the Safe Mode. Problem is, no sound card in that mode (therefore, can't hear the sound which comes out of the speakers). And before you...
  5. finvarra

No, that's not it - wish it was that simple a fix. Early on, I replaced the mouse and swapped out a keyboard. I even used a bluetooth kb/mouse combo. No difference. And I've used a program called USBDeview which logs all USB connects/disconnects. Nothing ever corresponds with the sound event.
  6. finvarra

I'm an electrical novice, so please bear with me. Here's my sad story: I was using a self-built machine. Suddenly random USB disconnect sounds (the old windows DUH-DUH downward disconnect sound) started occurring (sometimes 3x in a row, other times not for several hours) - I disabled all system...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks