Search results

1. Joe41561

Galvanic Corrision? Copper Vent stack and Galvinized Steel Flex Conduit

That is great news! So even if it rains into the vent pipe or just condensation inside of the copper vent, that is not enough to worry about? Actually I forgot that there is a section of this cooper pipe maybe 3-5 feet that the upstairs bathroom drains into before it ties into cast iron. Does...
  2. Joe41561

Galvanic Corrision? Copper Vent stack and Galvinized Steel Flex Conduit

I have a 3" copper vent stack which has a flexible galvanized steel conduit running right next to it up to the attic. The conduit is probably making contact with the copper pipe along the way though it is not strapped to the pipe. I know I've read about copper getting holes in it due to...
  3. Joe41561

Cast Iron leak repair

A few questions: 1) Is this riser clamp the proper clamp to use for copper (to avoid corrision)? http://www.supplyhouse.com/Empire-Industries-50CTI0300-3-Copper-Epoxy-Coated-Riser-Clamp 2) How many of them do I need to install? I have access to the 3" copper pipe in the attic, at the second...
  4. Joe41561

Cast Iron leak repair

Hello all, I attached a drawing of this. The house is almost 50 years old. I have a small leak in a vertical cast iron pipe in my basement. The cast iron section is about 5-6 feet high from the clean out at the basement floor and joins a 3" copper drain near my basement ceiling that goes all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks