Search results

1. JWBlue

Gas smell

Woke up to gas smell in garage. Called fire department. Fire department says the gas water heater pilot light went out causing the gas to not burn. Fireman said the pilot going out was due to the planned power outage that early morning which I do not know if it makes sense. Would the pilot...
  2. JWBlue

Hot water heater not working well after draining

Plumber came to drain the hot water heater. Now we barely get hot water.
  3. JWBlue

Do all plumbing companies bill this way?

I had a plumber come by to do two jobs. Replace a cartridge in a kitchen faucet and install a water hammer arrestor on the same faucet. The plumber was going to bill me by the hour for each job individually. The work time could not be combined for both jobs (i.e. if it took 15 minute to...
  4. JWBlue

Kitchen faucet: Switch not working after cartridge installation

Our Delta kitchen faucet has a wand that has three buttons that change the water flow. https://media.deltafaucet.com/MandI/X00085216_C.pdf (Page 9) A plumber replaced the faucet cartridge. Now one of the buttons does not work. I called the plumber back and he claims that it has nothing to do...
  5. JWBlue

Delta kitchen faucet cartridge replacement : Thread for hex nut stripped

I am trying to replace the cartridge of a leaking kitchen faucet. The handle is attached with a hex nut. I was using a hex key to try and remove it. It was stuck and I must have stripped the nut. Are there any other options for removing the nut? Could a hex nut driver remove the nut as...
  6. JWBlue

After draining water heater water does not get hot

We drain it every year or two. After draining it yesterday water is now just warm. We had it professionally done by a plumber. What went wrong?
  7. JWBlue

Toilet : When idle tank is filling for brief period

A toilet in our home has an intermittent noise of water filling the tank. It is the noise when the tank is filling after the toilet if flushed except it is occurring when the toilet is idle. The filling noise lasts for about 2-3 seconds. It happens about every hour. We have had a plumbing...
  8. JWBlue

Clicking noise from pipe when turning on/off faucets

When a kitchen or bathroom faucet is turned on there is a clicking (that is the best way to describe it) noise coming from a pipe behind the wall in one of our bathrooms. It also happens when the water is turned off. When a faucet is turned on or off slowly it is does not occur as frequently. We...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks