Search results

1. JWBlue

Gas smell

I will do that. I wonder why the plumber didn't do that when he came by.
  2. JWBlue

Gas smell

I spoke to another plumber. He feels it is the control valve that needs to be replaced. Would that also solve the issue of the gas leaking if the pilot light went out? The other plumber also mentioned that the pilot light was burning but it was not strong. He mentioned it should be a certain...
  3. JWBlue

Gas smell

Pilot stays lit. Burner comes on. The question is whether this issue will happen again. We do not want gas leaking. Could be dangerous.
  4. JWBlue

Gas smell

Plumber came out. I am confused. He said the Burner and igniter regulates the gas when the pilot goes out. I thought it was the thermocouple. They want $1,100 to replace the part which seems like a lot and it might not be the right part.
  5. JWBlue

Gas smell

No idea what smelled. It sound like the fire department or SDGE really are not qualified to address the issue. What would cause the pilot light to go out?
  6. JWBlue

Gas smell

Woke up to gas smell in garage. Called fire department. Fire department says the gas water heater pilot light went out causing the gas to not burn. Fireman said the pilot going out was due to the planned power outage that early morning which I do not know if it makes sense. Would the pilot...
  7. JWBlue

Hot water heater not working well after draining

Before pulling the activation lever does anything else need to be done? Thank you for the advice about the pipe.
  8. JWBlue

I read the manual. I do not see that mentioned. Could it be called something else? Below is the manual. https://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=AP13204-4%20GE%20Residential%20GAS%20FVIR.pdf
  9. JWBlue

We do not own the Honeywell. We are getting hot water but it is slower to become hot. Does that mean it is not a pilot light issue? Does increasing the temperature on the dial also shorten the time to get hot water?
  10. JWBlue

I could swear it was on the "Low" setting before the plumber came but not sure that makes sense. Plumber said he didn't touch the dial which I do not know if is true or not. It was on "Low" when he left. Turned it up to "A" this morning. Had no hot water for a morning and afternoon shower. Just...
  11. JWBlue

Gas. I know he didn't turn off the power to the heater. Wonder if there is damage.
  12. JWBlue

Plumber came to drain the hot water heater. Now we barely get hot water.
  13. JWBlue

Do all plumbing companies bill this way?

I had a plumber come by to do two jobs. Replace a cartridge in a kitchen faucet and install a water hammer arrestor on the same faucet. The plumber was going to bill me by the hour for each job individually. The work time could not be combined for both jobs (i.e. if it took 15 minute to...
  14. JWBlue

Kitchen faucet: Switch not working after cartridge installation

Our Delta kitchen faucet has a wand that has three buttons that change the water flow. https://media.deltafaucet.com/MandI/X00085216_C.pdf (Page 9) A plumber replaced the faucet cartridge. Now one of the buttons does not work. I called the plumber back and he claims that it has nothing to do...
  15. JWBlue

Delta kitchen faucet cartridge replacement : Thread for hex nut stripped

I am trying to replace the cartridge of a leaking kitchen faucet. The handle is attached with a hex nut. I was using a hex key to try and remove it. It was stuck and I must have stripped the nut. Are there any other options for removing the nut? Could a hex nut driver remove the nut as...
  16. JWBlue

After draining water heater water does not get hot

It was the obvious thing. Turns out he forgot to turn the WH back on.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks