Search results

1. merim123

Rohl C7912 cartridge replacement

Let me try that, hadn't thought about a crow's foot.
  2. merim123

Rohl C7912 cartridge replacement

My thermostatic shower valve was sticking, as in would not turn, and just left me with lukewarm water in the shower. I got a replacement cartridge from Rohl for this and the sink. The sink was easy peasy to replace, took about ten minutes. The 7912 valve after I removed the trim plate is...
  3. merim123

Tankless in-line with indirect DHW

Feel like this is what it should have looked like to begin with. sigh...
  4. merim123

I talked to the armstrong PE. he had an interesting suggestion of putting a tankless feeding the tank vs the way I was thinking. But I think I will try their recirculator first and maybe this in parallel to see if it would help.
  5. merim123

you suggesting something like this?
  6. merim123

luckily this house has a 2" gas pipe and larger meter and flue size shouldn't be a constraint as i can direct vent out side of the house (about 6') so I have room.
  7. merim123

thanks for all the responses. The Indirect tank I have is about 4k. one size bigger is 7k. I reached out to armstrong to see if I can use their recirculator in my system, worth a try for less than 1k and I had one at an previous home and really like how they work. So going to add one to this...
  8. merim123

Thanks for all the great responses. I do appreciate it. The Weil indirect tank I have is 80 gal I believe. Next step up is 120 gal and that is 7k for a tank. I reached out to armstrong for a recommendation on a recirculator system. i may try that. It'll be less than 1k to put in and I can go...
  9. merim123

40 coming in. Running HTP at 160 for DHW tank.
  10. merim123

I called the cashacme folks today. They don't think it will work. I have 1" supply and this is 3/4. I don't want to lose pressure and they think something like this would drop temp even more. I'll just have more lukewarm longer.
  11. merim123

how would you suggest I do this? is there a template I can use to figure it out. happy to do it.
  12. merim123

I’m not explaining myself well. See video of system here.
  13. merim123

So this is how I got my idea. If I feed the tankless from the dhw indirect tank takes my municipal in at 40 let’s say. Then the htp heats the tank to 120. Once I run out and water goes lukewarm then that lukewarm water, say 90 would be my lowest water temp intake. The tankless should easily...
  14. merim123

199k - HTP-UFT. Installed 2018. Hard to tell flow need. But if I try to fill up the whirlpool tub, i can't get it filled up with hot water before it runs out. So typically if i do the rainhead shower, and the wife is bathing one of the kids let's say. And another kid jumps in a different...
  15. merim123

Had not seen this device before. I have 1" going into my indirect and supply is 2" down to 1". My DHW is already at 140. the showers have thermostatic valves. I'm really down on volume because kids want to fill up bath tubs and rain head shower flows a lot. First world problems I know. that's...
  16. merim123

Pondering a different layout for the house. Currently have a HTP Modcon that supports 4 radiant zones and DHW. With family size of 6-8, depending on visiting family in the house, we routinely run out of hot water if all six want to shower or fill up tubs. The indirect is a 80-90gallon...
  17. merim123

Taco Circulating Valves - what is the rule of thumb for how many?

Hi all, In this house we just bought, it has radiant heat in the basement and in the garage slab as well as a playroom area above the garage. There are taco circulating valves everywhere. I have 4 zones for heating. The garage uses Glycol mix but basement runs on the same hot water, which I...
  18. merim123

New house. Think it’s Grohe, but…

I think it might be Rohl! Thank you! ROHL Verona Thermostatic Trim Plate without Volume Control - Polished Chrome with Cross Handle | Model Number: A2914XMAPC - The House of Rohl
  19. merim123

New house. Think it’s Grohe, but…

It's definitely not Grohe, They came back via email and said not theirs. Those two nobs are one for the rain shower and the other for the jets in the wall. so you think Thermostatic? At the old house I had a Grohe version that had printed temps. This just has hot cold. I emailed hansgrohe the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks