Search results

1. 86sevenfivethreeohnine

Brine Tank Water Smell

Ditto...as always thanks. I'll give it a whirl and post back.
  2. 86sevenfivethreeohnine

Brine Tank Water Smell

Had a new 2 tank system installed in December. One tank KL and the other 10% crosslinked resin (2.5cu feet). The softener will regen between 2-3 weeks (I've marked in on the calendar to validate this). The water standing in the brink tank is slightly smelly...maybe a little sour. But...
  3. 86sevenfivethreeohnine

Atlas Filtri "Hydra" Video

What's the content that's getting filtered? Estimated flow rate in the video?
  4. 86sevenfivethreeohnine

Water Test Results / Treatment Recommendations?

I did the Kit-90 from KAR https://www.karlabs.com/watertestkit/kit90.htm
  5. 86sevenfivethreeohnine

New Water Treatment Recommendations

Good to know. I have not seen one in action. This would not make the better half happy! Are those clear tanks specially developed for testing/r&d? I would love to have a couple :)
  6. 86sevenfivethreeohnine

Interesting about AIO. Did not see any comments regarding that in my research. What does that come through as? Spurting?
  7. 86sevenfivethreeohnine

Yes I was thinking just the manganese. It doesn't remove the calcium.
  8. 86sevenfivethreeohnine

Well, I am taking recommendations :) I think that this point, I'm looking at a Katalox light tank and then a softener. If I understand correctly, the Katalox light will handle most if not all of the hardness, iron and h2s. I'm not sure exactly how to size the Katalox system as there is not...
  9. 86sevenfivethreeohnine

Thanks for the replies so far. Some statements and questions. I believe I understand the benefits of the dual tank set up, which are primarily instant regen (instead of waiting), backwashing with softened water (?) and efficiency. Using this calculator, assuming 4 people, 75GPD, 31 GPG, and 2...
  10. 86sevenfivethreeohnine

Hi everyone, first post but have been reading for a bit. I am looking to replace my current Culligan rental water softener and purchase a proper system for treating my water. The current Culligan is doing well with some iron and egg smell from time to time. No slime in the toliet tanks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks