Search results

1. Slugboy6000

How to plug hole in well casing

Ok, that sounds good - thanks. Good to have some options.
  2. Slugboy6000

Yep, it's all coming out. Sandwiching a flexible rubber disc between two steel plates and compressing them together with a bolt might be better.
  3. Slugboy6000

Looking for a durable valve to restrict flow

If it helps anyone else out, I decided to keep the leaky globe valve as a flow adjuster and rely on a secondary ball valve upstream as a proper shut off come spring.
  4. Slugboy6000

My best idea would be to shape a piece of scrap steel and worm gear clamp it to the casing. Seal it with a gasket and/or some silicone.
  5. Slugboy6000

A bailer bucket for manually pulling water out of a well, a tube made of PVC or steel tied to a rope.
  6. Slugboy6000

I'm wondering how to plug a ~1" hole in my well casing where the pitless adapter pokes through. Removing the pitless adapter would give a bailer more room to pass by. It's a 6" steel casing and the pitless is only a foot below grade. Any suggestions?
  7. Slugboy6000

Looking for a durable valve to restrict flow

My mom's municipality asks her to run a trickle of water all winter due to a shallow supply line that would otherwise freeze. The trickle is controlled by a globe valve that I've had to replace twice in the last few years. They fail to shut off in the spring due to seat pitting. I don't know if...
  8. Slugboy6000

bleeder valves and weep holes

Lots to learn here, I appreciate the tips. I do want to constrict the flow down to what will likely be a short length of potable garden hose. Unrestricted flow from my pump is too violent for my needs. I can't find pressure specs for the two brass bleeders that I've been able to find so far...
  9. Slugboy6000

That's great, thank you very much LL. With a 4' frost level, I think my only other question would be how deep a drain-back / bleeder valve should be to avoid freezing. I really don't know what the temperature is like inside of a 20' steel well casing buried in limestone in the dead of winter.
  10. Slugboy6000

Hello, I'm looking for a way to drain my plumbing back into my well. It's a simple setup where I'd like to manually control my submersible well pump so that I can fill an open tank with water in freezing temps and let the plumbing drain itself between uses. I'm assuming that the bleeder type...
  11. Slugboy6000

Outdoor service panel siding attachment

Okay, thanks for the response Wayne
  12. Slugboy6000

Outdoor service panel siding attachment

Can an outdoor service panel be mounted to the outward face of vertical battens where I have board and batten siding? This would create a 1" gap behind the panel in some areas due to the profile of the siding. I don't know what code specifies. All of the interior service panels that I've seen...
  13. Slugboy6000

Extension cords vs home wiring (noob question)

That answers my question, thanks for the responses. Quite an interesting topic actually.
  14. Slugboy6000

That sounds like something I should've learned decades ago. Thank you
  15. Slugboy6000

Ok, that makes more sense to me.
  16. Slugboy6000

Is there a risk when running long extension cords with high amp tools off of standard house wiring? I use a 50 ft, 12 gauge extension cord with my 15 amp power tools, but often consider that homes are often wired with a smaller 14 gauge wire (?). I've seen plugs melt on extension cords which...
  17. Slugboy6000

Burying water line into bedrock

Thanks for the tips. Another option that I found was to use a drain back system. I believe it requires a bladderless pressure tank and a snifter valve... but I've only read about it. I think leaving for the winter would be easier.
  18. Slugboy6000

Plumbing allowed behind electrical panel?

Ok, I'll look into it - thanks guys
  19. Slugboy6000

Plumbing allowed behind electrical panel?

Can plumbing run through the studs behind a surface mounted electrical panel? I've been reading up on the required unobstructed space in front of, above and below a panel. If my surface mount panel sits at shoulder height, can I run copper pipe through the studs closer to the floor? (I'm...
  20. Slugboy6000

Extending underground service cable

Ok, that's good news - thanks a lot John
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks