Search results

1. Young

Do people use Iron Out to manage iron level?

So hopefully everything gets rinsed away. It's city water. And resin in Fleck lasted ~7 years. We use Morton Clean and Protect pallets. https://www.mortonsalt.com/home-product/morton-clean-and-protect-pellets/ I am not able to find anything else from hardware stores around me.
  2. Young

Do people use Iron Out to manage iron level?

Is using Iron Out recommended to manage iron level in water? I haven't done iron level test yet but I do see orange stain in places like shower. I use Fleck 5600. I recently replaced resin because we had serious water flow issue. This was after ~7 years of service. Water flow issue is gone...
  3. Young

Please check my 5600sxt setting

I ordered my 5600sxt online. How do I know whether I have that option or not?
  4. Young

So are you saying that my 5600sxt doesn't really support double backwash since I have a single backwash valve?
  5. Young

Haha. This totally confirms that I am a newbie. Regarding double backwash, according to http://www.flecksystems.com/pdf/5600SXT-Spec-Sheet.pdf, it supports it. But not sure what the benefit is.
  6. Young

This is now all starting to make sense. Really appreciate your help here. I guess this is what I signed up for when I refused to get it installed by more expensive local water softener companies. A few months ago, I noticed that the water felt really hard. Dry skin, etc. I had lost power...
  7. Young

Thanks Reach4! Few differences I noticed are RC/SF, DO and VT. Are there any significant differences between VT = df1b and VT = db2b? Why would one choose double backwash? Sounds like I should be safe with longer day override? Perhaps this ensures that regen mostly happens based on metered...
  8. Young

To be honest, I read from some where that if C = 30 then BF should be 6. No scientific basis. I found ".50 GPM 1.5 LB SALT/MIN" on the label by the brine connection. And I don't remember all the original settings that the plumber who installed it set but I think VT = df1b, C = 48, DO = 14...
  9. Young

Newbie question here. I tried to read other similar threads but seems like everyone's situation is a bit different so posting my own. Sorry if this is redundant. Installed 5600sxt 4800 in Aug. First time having a water softener. And I know what software should feel like now. Throughout...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks