Search results

1. Chris Joseph

Pex Crimper

Oh.. and it's 3/4" if that matters.
  2. Chris Joseph

Pex Crimper

Hi.. I am looking to do just a small job using Pex. I have mostly Copper but the Water Softener has been installed with Pex. I'm looking to add a Whole House Filter and add a shut off valve. Very Small Job. Therefore I'm looking for advice on the Cheapest Pex Crimper and rings to purchase...
  3. Chris Joseph

New H2O Report fromKAR Labs 90

Hi Enigma.. that's what I've read, that shocking the well will help with Iron bacteria. I really don't have a problem with it.. it is not overwhelming my home. I only saw this reddish sediment on an in line sediment filter, a bit slimey to the touch, but could be because it's just wet...
  4. Chris Joseph

Thanks Reach.. and I found this link, and my slime looks like the material pictured in the link.. Also, my toilet tanks are red but there is no slime build up on the top. I do see a little oily white stuff which could indicate bacteria. I also contacted KAR and they do a bacteria test. I if...
  5. Chris Joseph

Thanks.. More stuff to study.. I thought it was just slimey because it was wet.. So Ferric Iron doesn't appear as a residue on a filter? Is there a test for IRB?
  6. Chris Joseph

I'd have to look when I'm home. I removed it from the system when I put in the Marlo Combo 25 since it states it takes out both Ferrous and ferric up to 25PPM. I emailed the KAR report to Marlo, and they responded saying I have a trace of Ferric, that is why I see the red. The filter was a...
  7. Chris Joseph

Agree and the 1.47 Turbidity says, there is something suspended in the water. As below 1 is ideal. I have installed a Combo Iron Fitler/Water Softener Combo, so it's taking care of the iron. I just expected to see more Iron in the KAR result.
  8. Chris Joseph

Hi Reach.. Yes a Brownish Reddish Slime. Which indicates IRON to me.. Water flows Clear both out of the Well Pressure tank, and thru my Taps (never any red flowing water). It's only when I change the House Filter do I see this Thick, Heavy, Reddish Scum on all the folds of the filter...
  9. Chris Joseph

I could not find a Lab60 kit as some suggested but did a KAR90. This test came in very different from the one done by the well Driller when I was looking to install a system. The drillers report was 10gpg Hardness, 2PPM Iron and PH of 6.5. The Kar Report was 13.1GPG Hardness, Iron was ONLY...
  10. Chris Joseph

Draining Softener and Acid Neutralizer to Outside

I feel better. And will clean that standpipe!! LOL
  11. Chris Joseph

Thanks Bannerman. It's gonna stay this way at least till Next week! Lets hope for no Septic Failure!! I'll get this right. Thanks for all the help.
  12. Chris Joseph

Got you.. So you are saying that this laundry drain, is not an air gap at all? I've read several places where it's OK to drain to a laundry drain.
  13. Chris Joseph

OK. All done. Here is my handy work. Unfortunately the Plumbers used pretty inflexible tubing, so I could not make an air gap without getting a kink in the tube. Thus I had to by clear flex tube and use two adapters. Perhaps one day I'll replace the whole tubing with the clear so there are no...
  14. Chris Joseph

HI Again. A few things. 1. I do have a battery operated backup in the sump, I still want to avoid using that and dischargin to outside ground. 2. Basement is cement. Second floor where washer sits is basic subflooring. No problem getting thru there. 3. Discharge Height is right at the limit...
  15. Chris Joseph

Thanks for all the help. Regarding the pump... we don't have a sand mound but an enlarged septic field due to a so so perk. The Perk was not bad enough to require a sand mount, but not good enough to have just a regular septic field. So the pump is to pressurize the septic fluid to the...
  16. Chris Joseph

Thanks for the replies. Does that UW link address the pump that is inline? That's my concern. Not so much the septic drain field or tank. Also will using the "T" connector cause any problems as it reduces the ID of the tubing?
  17. Chris Joseph

Just would like to avoid salt and Calcite going thru the septic. I've read in several articles that it voids any warranty. Plus I have a pump in my septic and fear the salt will speed any eventual deterioration.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks