Search results

1. cs2kplus

Relay switch on control board unreliable

Yep. I see I can get a replacement. Am I smart enough to install it? Questionable. My father in law would be. I'm not all that great with a meter and knowing what I am measuring. Ha - yeah antique. Actually the new one does not look all that high tech. So, it is currently functioning after...
  2. cs2kplus

Yeah. I was a bit leery about wd40. I uploaded part number of entire box.
  3. cs2kplus

Jad.... Your saying all the right things. So far the simple spray wash seems to be working. I know....till my luck runs out.I was going to physically clean contacts, but I will not go there just yet. I did think about re-soldering a new relay. I'm just not smart enough to know what I can...
  4. cs2kplus

I sprayed with electrical cleaner. Followed by wd40. Currently it has stopped sticking. I have seen a video where a guy cleans the terminals with sand paper.
  5. cs2kplus

Ok. I posted recently as "unknown problem". Now I know. The relay switch on aquastat controller is unreliable. Picture included shows it as grey cover with spring hinge that says honey well. If you tap it then boiler will kick on. My question is, can this be fixed as opposed to replacing entire...
  6. cs2kplus

Unknown problem with boiler

Great answers. I am going to create a new post based on my latest situation. I appreciate the valuable info.
  7. cs2kplus

Unknown problem with boiler

Hi all, Last week I turned heat on. Boiler went on. Days went by, seemed like I have to keep cranking up thermostat to get boiler to kick on. Then no matter what, it would not kick on. Pilot light was lit. So, I remove old thermostat. Only red and white wires. I joined them. Boiler turned on...
  8. cs2kplus

Pilot Light Remains "ON"

Ok....thanks everyone. Here's the deal. The base of the dial forms a point in the back. Only clue where home base is. I turned the dial and....here's the trick....slightly drop the plunger...not all the way...cause it will be blocked if you push too far. Has to be like 1/4 of the way. Then it...
  9. cs2kplus

Pilot Light Remains "ON"

This is looking promising Dana! Thanks so much! I can't wait to get out of work and try!
  10. cs2kplus

Pilot Light Remains "ON"

Hello, Looking to turn off my boiler pilot light. I turn knob towards the gapped area shown and there is a stop. In this position the pilot light remains on. I assume it needs to be in the cut open area? Someone suggested lifting it up? It already is in the springs up position. I would think...
  11. cs2kplus

Purge Air in Boiler

I found this on the internet. Seems to have done the trick. 1. Shut off boiler. 2. On the boiler will be a drain valve that a hose can attached to; it will look like a standard hose bib like you see on the outside of a house. Close the gate valve between the boiler and the bib. Connect a hose...
  12. cs2kplus

Boiler Air Purge Check

Sorry, I never answered this. I don't think I ever got email. I was told about the bleeders on the baseboards and after the expansion tank. But I thought flushing with water was the way to do it? I just posted another thread with a diagram. Seems easy on a one zone? But I will look for bleeders...
  13. cs2kplus

Purge Air in Boiler

Hi, I want to push air out of my boiler system. See diagram. Someone told me to shut close valve shown. I was thinking maybe it should remain open to run throughout. Can I just open *V and let the bubbles run out? This is a one zone boiler. Thanks, Wayne
  14. cs2kplus

Boiler Air Purge Check

I no very little about boilers. However...Ive see that it is simple to check for air in lines on a boiler. Just hook a short hose to the right valve and release into a bucket. My proble is....I am not sure which valve. One is blue on top and one is read on bottom. I bet its the red. See picks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks