Search results

1. Jimmy H NYC

Sorry. Delete this

Sorry can't figure out how to delete this thread I answered my question.
  2. Jimmy H NYC

Towel Rail Radiator Installed Sideways

Okay, you are not going to believe this. A few years ago, my plumber installed a Zehnder Towel Rail radiator sideways. I have only just figured this out as probably improper. It actually worked fine for quite some time. Problem is now it is leaking a lot and dripping water from the exhaust...
  3. Jimmy H NYC

Water Heater Recharge Troubleshooting

I have an AO Smith 50-gal XCVT 50 (series 100) gas-fired water heater. Built 11/2007, so I don't think it is one of the recall models. Seems lately not to be recharging like it used to. Is there a way to actually test the recharge performance using a clock, a thermometer and a bathtub, or...
  4. Jimmy H NYC

Which Nut on Top, Which on Bottom

I am replacing the site glass on my Bryant 235A Natural Gas fired steam boiler, and I noticed that there are two different kinds of nuts (see photo). One is kind or smaller and rounder, and the other bigger and boxier. I don't remember which one was on top and which on bottom of the site glass...
  5. Jimmy H NYC

Is it time for a new steam boiler?

I have a Bryant 235A Natural Gas fired steam boiler for my old house. The boiler probably dates to about 1985. The inside is harder to keep clean each year since there is a lot of sediment. Is it time for a new boiler? Will I notice any reduction in my gas bills? Specs: 262500 input BTU per...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks