Search results

1. Jsmallberries

Any way to repair the off market brand kitchen faucets

Purchased Off amazon 3+years ago, WaterLux WL-301STS Stainless Steel Deluxe 3-Way Kitchen Faucet for Reverse Osmosis System Lead Free (so they say) Recently started leaking from the faucet. The paperwork had only install instructions, no trouble shooting repair etc...No manufacturer website or...
  2. Jsmallberries

Standing around bathroom sink drain

I have two under mount bathroom sinks with overflow that I installed 5 years ago. They had standard pop up drains. I recently decided to go with clicker type drains. With one sink, the new drain leaked at the underneath tapered seal. Tried 2 other brands before realizing the bottom of the drain...
  3. Jsmallberries

Change Settings with lower usage?

Fleck 5600 SXT 10% cross linked resin 1.5 cubic feet. Family size changes have resulted in less water usage. What settings can be adjusted. Usage reduced from 195 gallons per day to 100. I can list current settings if it helps answering my question Thanks
  4. Jsmallberries

Help needed cleaning brine tank

Municipal water, Pentair tank, 18"x33" Round, hasn't been cleaned or stirred in about 2.5 years. There was about 2" of standing water on top of appx 7 inches of salt and sludge. The water was brown and the salt had a brownish tint. Just cleaned it all. Couple of questions, 1) Can I reuse...
  5. Jsmallberries

Replacing a shower valve body from the back question

Around 2016 I rebuilt my tiled stall shower and installed a Grohe valve body 30015 with cartridge 47678 and a Concetto shower handle. Thought I was done A few years later, the mixing valve started failing, where to have an even hot cold mix, the handle was barely moved. If it was put in the...
  6. Jsmallberries

Vessel Sink replacing an under mount sink?

A few years back I built a vanity and a pre-caste concrete counter top with double sinks. First time attempt. I panicked last minute and went with smaller sinks thinking I needed more space for faucets while leaving enough counter in front, I regretted that decision and think the sinks I went...
  7. Jsmallberries

Any health risks from drinking softened water, or softened water filtered through an RO filter

Reason I'm asking, for the point of use RO under the kitchen sink, I had to use a special faucet that limits leaching metals from the agressive RO filtered water passing through. Some family members developed GERD around around the time these filters were installed. Just wondering if there can...
  8. Jsmallberries

RO filter keep or remove

A couple of years back, I installed an RO point of use under the kitchen sink after installing a whole house softener. Thinking I would remove the salt and chlorine and any other chemicals passed through the municipal water supply. It’s time for a filter change and I have a minor repair issue...
  9. Jsmallberries

Here we Grohe again, back flow preventer stuck in valve body

Finally got around to replacing the temp/valve cartridge. There are small plastic back-flow devices on the sides, inset into the valve body. The new valve came with replacements, so I tried to remove the old ones, since the years of hard water caused the control valve to fail. Only part of the...
  10. Jsmallberries

Shower faucet limited access to shut off on valve?

On my Grohe valve body 35 015, I recently had to bust out the surrounding tile to gain access the the valve body shut offs. Did that, only to find the slotted shut offs are partially blocked by the ears, see photo. The picture is taken from the side, so coming straight in to prevent stripping...
  11. Jsmallberries

Grohe Concetto shower faucet problem

I installed a GROHE 14468EN0 Concetto shower faucet in 2015. It was 50/50 hot cold balance when installed. It was my kids bathroom, so I rarely used it. When using the faucet, to get a balance hot and cold, the lever is all the way to the almost closed position. So 90% of the range emits hot...
  12. Jsmallberries

Replacing Exterior Hose Bibb, no room for heating the pipe

Attempting to replace an exterior hose bib gate valve with a Ball valve shut off, and add a threaded connector to easily replace if needed in the future. Block/stucco exterior walls. I was not able to heat the pipe enough to remove it because of how close it is to the wall, afraid I might...
  13. Jsmallberries

High Water Level Fleck 5600SXT

Fleck 5600 SXT, installed 2 years ago. Recently checked the salt level I noticed the water is about 1 foot higher than the salt level. I never noticed that before. The tank is the round 33" high by 18" diameter. Current salt is 17" high, with sitting water about 1 foot higher. Just checked...
  14. Jsmallberries

Rheem Preferred RHS32.. Any experience these?

A neighbor is asking if I can help install this unit. Based on the fact it's$399 from the big box store, don't think I want to be the one called if things go south. No upside for me. Any comments or experience with these units. Most homeowners are clueless and think they are all the same.
  15. Jsmallberries

How to check the softener and filter are functioning properly

Almost 2 years ago, I installed a Fleck 5600 SXT(salt used in softener) in the garage along with an Apec R/O filter under the kitchen sink. I've noticed that ice cubes(softened water but not filtered) when used in the drinking water from the filtered kitchen sink, melt rapidly. All other drinks...
  16. Jsmallberries

Quality Difference Between front and rear lift tub spout diverters?

Recent repair done to a Moen front lift tub spout diverter. The metal stem attached to a piece of plastic with a washer/gasket is cheap and feels flimsy. Are the rear lift diverters generally better quality? What design do the better quality tub spouts have? I'm guessing in this cheaply built...
  17. Jsmallberries

Spout diverter parts

The installed shower/bath trim is from Moen. It's a brushed nickel finish, takes the 1222 cartridge. See Photos. I need a part number for the tub spout diverter. It's missing the rubber stopper part. Or will the big box replacements work Danco or Lasco
  18. Jsmallberries

Moen shower cartridge removal

Should I attempt this? it's in an area with moderately hard water, no softener installed in the home and the shower has not been used in 4 years. I've done this before on my own, same area no softener but shower used everyday and it was hard to remove. I do have the removal tool now. My concern...
  19. Jsmallberries

Add water after cleaning brine tank?

Fleck 5600 SXT 1.5 cu ft resin 48K capacity, going to clean out salt tank, do I need to add water after cleaning or just hit regen or both, can't seem to find that info anywhere.
  20. Jsmallberries

20 year old Kenmore Elite 38520 Hybrid

New neighbor inherited this. Installed in 1999 , former owner was not into maintenance. The tank looks too full, the discharge empties on to the driveway. So any recommendations. The manual states it has a chlorine taste and odor filter, I assume they mean some type of charcoal embedded in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks