Search results

1. Jonathon Zetterholm

PEX A Pressure Test

So, I have tested a couple times now up to 100 psi. It drops slowly (over several hours) to around 60-80 psi. Some of that is due to pex expansion, I know. But then after letting it sit overnight it drops to 15 psi and stays there. Shower, laundry, and ice maker valves are installed. Are these...
  2. Jonathon Zetterholm

PEX A Pressure Test

It is new construction, no heat, no insulation yet. I am in the Midwest with sub-freezing temps every night. Testing with water makes me a little nervous. Is PEX a that resilient?
  3. Jonathon Zetterholm

PEX A Pressure Test

What should be hooked up when I pressure test the system? Right now I have shower valves, ice maker hookup, and laundry hookup connected. It holds air pressure (80+ psi) for several hours, but drops to below 20 psi after 24 hrs. I'm assuming I want it to hold better than that. Should I cap off...
  4. Jonathon Zetterholm

Main Stack Vent Requirement

The first sketch I posted was a side view of the top floor.
  5. Jonathon Zetterholm

The fixtures are all vented through the roof. The gases will not be released in the attic. There will not be any traps getting sucked dry. All the fixtures are properly vented. Does the stack itself need to be vented in addition to all the fixtures being vented?
  6. Jonathon Zetterholm

I guess I'm not asking the question very well or something. I have attached a plan view with plumbing layout. Each fixture (on this level and all the other levels) is vented properly. Does the stack itself need to be vented? Does it need to continue straight up through the roof? The reason I am...
  7. Jonathon Zetterholm

I have attached a rough sketch of what I am talking about. Does this make it more clear? Is this acceptable or does the stack itself need to be vented, too? Also, is there a max vent pipe length? Washer is front corner of basement. I want to vent out back roof. Will require at least 60' of...
  8. Jonathon Zetterholm

New construction house... If every fixture is vented, does the main stack need to vent through the roof? The stack is only serving as a waste line and is not serving as a vent to any fixtures. Do I need to vent it through the roof or are all the separate fixture vents sufficient? Thanks!!
  9. Jonathon Zetterholm

Back to back bathroom DWV layout

Great! Can you confirm whether I am okay venting out the top of the double fixture fittings (or double wye for the toilets)? Some box store employees have told me I can't do that and each fixture/trap needs its own vent.
  10. Jonathon Zetterholm

Awesome! So stick with a double wye for the toilets. Change the sinks and showers to a double fixture fitting. - Is dry venting out the top of a double fixture fitting (or double wye for toilets) okay? - Is my vent and soil sizing okay? 2" for combined shower, 3" soil and 2" vent for combined...
  11. Jonathon Zetterholm

The fitting I am using is a "double fixture wye". Are you saying that I can't vent out of that fitting?
  12. Jonathon Zetterholm

New house, back to back bathrooms, underslab plumbing. I am a contractor and have a basic knowledge of a lot of things. However this is my first major DIY plumbing project for my own personal home. Will the attached sketch work for back to back bathrooms? All dry vents, all double fixture...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks