Search results

1. DIYitright

Soldering on the grill - really.

Not a joke, an experiment. A single propane torch was not enough to solder 1/2" copper tube to the large brass shower valve. The hunk of brass was a big heat sink. I mentioned this to DW and she said: "So? Put it on the grill." It could work. Other industries assemble parts and place them in...
  2. DIYitright

Kohler "Archer" acrylic: Install guide makes NO MENTION of ledgers. WHY?

Did you finally get it installed? It took some fiddling (a lot) to get the ledger boards exactly in place because we could not see them- we were unwilling to take down more sheetrock from the adjoining rooms.
  3. DIYitright

Please comment: Tiling flange irregularities--Big problems ahead

There is hope. I am installing an acrylic Kohler tub like that. The tub is fortunately exactly 30 x 60 inches over the flanges, not much variation at all. Their literature does say the measurements are "nominal" which means they can mess with it a little. But 32 1/4 to 32 5/8 is a big...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks