Search results

1. Johnnyh55

Water heater thermostat reset trips, lower element no continuity

I have been having an issue on my 5 year old 60 gallon eletric water heater that the thermostat reset tripped, so I turned off power and check continuity of both elements. The top element had continuity but the bottom one didn't have any so I replaced it and checked the new one to make sure it...
  2. Johnnyh55

Water in roof vent pipe?

I was up on the roof today and looked into the vent stack with a flashlight and seen there was some water down there, is this normal or should the pipe be empty? I notice the bathroom sink in the bathroom drains slowly I was going to take the snake to it but could that be my problem? This is a...
  3. Johnnyh55

Flexcon fl-7 pressure tank tee

I bought a house and it came with a Flexcon fl-7 pressure tank, the tank tee started leaking so I took everything apart and went to look for a replacement and no local hardware stores had this tank tee in stock since you need a female end on the tank connection side. So at my local plumbing...
  4. Johnnyh55

How to enlarge hole around ABS pipe in floor joist?

I just moved into my first home and was hearing loud cracking noises and I didn't know where it was coming from, I have now traced it to the ABS drain pipe running in the basement ceiling in the floor joists expanding and contracting when we use the hot water. It's a 2 inch ABS drain pipe and I...
  5. Johnnyh55

0psi air precharge in bladder tank?

The bladder tank is a red lion model RL20 20 gallon tank. it takes 31 seconds to go from cut-in to cut-out(48/68).
  6. Johnnyh55

well the pump turns on at 48psi and turns off at 68psi, I don't think that is short cycling? or am i missing something?
  7. Johnnyh55

so with the tank setup this way right now, what symptoms should i be experiencing that a new tank would solve? the pump is a Goulds J7S 3/4hp. will time it to see how long it takes to shut off when it starts.
  8. Johnnyh55

this week the hose from my shallow well jet pumpto my bladder tank burst and as I was replacing it and the bladder tank was empty of water i took an air pressure reading and my car tester read 0 psi. i replaced the hose and everything is working like it was before but I don't think it's normal...
  9. Johnnyh55

Is a vacuum breaker suppose to leak?

The plumbing was redone at my house last year and it was all converted from copper to PEX. We installed a new frost proof wall hydrant from home depot and I think it worked fine last year. I stored the garden hose for winter and this past weekend I went to use it and water pours out of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks