Flexcon fl-7 pressure tank tee

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnnyh55

Reaction score
I bought a house and it came with a Flexcon fl-7 pressure tank, the tank tee started leaking so I took everything apart and went to look for a replacement and no local hardware stores had this tank tee in stock since you need a female end on the tank connection side. So at my local plumbing supply house, they had ones made by American Grandby with a union and without union, so I bought the one with the union but could not get it to thread properly, like the union coupler wasnt big enough to grab enough threads so I went back and returned it and got the non union one. Did anyone ever come across this issue before? Seems like all the hardware stores here carried the tank tee that screws in to the bottom of the tank but the Flexcon tanks hae a special plastic pipe that comes out of them, I dont even know if they are replacable. See attached picture.

Attachments

• americangranby.jpg
    americangranby.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 165

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I think that pipe coming out of the flexlite is a regular NPT pipe thread. You will need a complete union and a standard pipe end on the tank tee to attach the union.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks