Search results

1. TheUniversalDave1

My TOTO Experience

Today I had to go to the dentist's office, and while I was there, I had the misfortune of using a TOTO Drake. I was sitting in the waiting room when I got the urge, and I remembered that they have a TOTO Drake. So I was like "oh GREAT a TOTO, I sure hope it doesn't CLOG." Guess what? It CLOGGED...
  2. TheUniversalDave1

Question about putting bathroom inside bedroom

I once saw a video on YouTube of a bedroom that had a fully functional toilet, tub/shower, and sink literally within feet of the bed with no wall separating it or anything. I haven't seen the video in years, and I can't find it now, but I just wanted to know if you could still do that.
  3. TheUniversalDave1

Calling KOHLER Aficionados!

I have a question about Kohler. I recently got a 1970 Kohler Wellworth that was cracked in two places and has a very fragile tank. I compared this toilet to my 1962 Wellworth, and I was shocked at how much thicker the '62 was. Does anyone know what year Kohler cheapened their manufacturing, and...
  4. TheUniversalDave1

1970 Kohler Wellworth with a cracked base

I got a new toilet today at the Restore. It's one I've been looking for for a very long time, and when I saw it, I was thrilled. However, my elation was short lived, because the base is cracked in two places. I got it anyway, at a discount, but those cracks worry me. I will be rebuilding it with...
  5. TheUniversalDave1

Monogram Brass trip lever issues

I replaced three Monogram Brass trip levers today on some Kohler Memoirs toilets. I thought they were original Kohler equipment, but they're not. They were replaced because the brass shafts were all stripped and the set screw holding the handle on would not stay in place. The bronze handles...
  6. TheUniversalDave1

Antique Radios, anyone?

I've been collecting antique Philco's for a while now, and last weekend I got another one. A 1934 Philco 16B. We replaced all the philter capacitors this morning, and it sounds quite well. Even without an alignment and having all the original wax capacitors.
  7. TheUniversalDave1

New Member - Toilet Collector

I have been interested in toilets since 2001. I got my first toilet, a 1992 Artesian, around 2003. Since then, I have repaired and replaced numerous toilets and have learned a lot along the way. I have also collected about 2 dozen toilets of various makes from my local Restore. I am a Kohler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks