Search results

1. Jmhm17

Newbie with Shallow Well needs some advise

With the tank and pump drained i ment. And i only have one tube. i think only deep well jet pumps need that venturi line. I had to drain everything when the plug blew so i know what to do there. the pump takes a gallon or so. But im just worried if i clean up the pipes when i pop that check...
  2. Jmhm17

Im also curiouse.. if i redo the suction line is water going to gush out of it if i take it all apart?
  3. Jmhm17

Thats cool! I might do that when i overhaul my system. I gotta peak down the well first. Im curiouse how deep it is and how much water is actualy in it. I always have this fear im going to run out..
  4. Jmhm17

I haven't seen the inside of my well but it is very large in diameter. it has a roof over it.. I thought a submersible had to be in an artesian well
  5. Jmhm17

Can you run a submersible in a shallow well?
  6. Jmhm17

Thanks Valveman. I was just looking up foot valves when you responded, and all they are is a heavy duty check valves with a screen. I plan to plumb the CSV system with PVC up to the filter. If I go with a CSV system then the pump will be sitting on that box the tank is on and should prevent...
  7. Jmhm17

Thanks Craig, can you elaborate on the suction line? Do you mean run a new one or fix the part you can see? I can imagine this is a big job to replace the whole thing and a new foot valve. Also i thought the check valve was needed so pressure was not sent back to the well. The reason i was...
  8. Jmhm17

Thanks for the info. Wow 30 years for that pump huh? Looks like I should be getting another Gould (I was looking at Wayne). so what about a CSV setup? Can I get more info on that? Would I need a stronger pump with a smaller tank? Like i said i read a lot of the page I just want some one to dumb...
  9. Jmhm17

Hey thanks for the reply. Yes there is only one pipe coming from the well (see pic). as for use I would say its pretty normal use. My heavy hitters would be the shower/tub and the washer. I do wash my truck once a week. but other than that its typical. The filter was there, I have changed it...
  10. Jmhm17

So I was googling and came across this site and did some poking around and discovered a few things and I have many questions. let me explain my setup and situation before I ask.. I have a shallow well with a Goulds Jplus 1/2hp jet pump connected to a 20 gallon well x trol tank set at 30/50. the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks