Search results

1. diginside

Is it my water heater or T&P valve?

If I understand you correctly, the readings are the same. So I went ahead and charged the tank to 65. I will find another time to do the measurement again just to be sure. Thanks a lot Reach4 for the detailed explanations and great tips!
  2. diginside

Possibly flawed. I didn't ask my neighbor about the regulator, which I am almost positive she doesn't know anything. I was just going over to verify if my newly purchased water pressure gauge works. In any case, I believe I now have a working xpan tank. I am not sure if I need to replace the...
  3. diginside

All, thanks so much for your responses. Below is what I did and tested. 1) Replaced the xpan tank (actually twice, the first one leaking but the second one good) 2) Closed all faucets and no water usage - the water pressure gauge goes to 130, and the xpan tank air pressure out of the range of...
  4. diginside

Another update: I just went to my neighbor's house and measured their outside spigot's water pressure: 45psi. So the gauge is not at fault. Not knowing what my own is, should I use 45 to pump the replacement expansion tank?
  5. diginside

Update: my expansion tank has zero pressure and drops of water came out when measured. In preparing the expansion tank replacement, I bought a pressure gauge from Amazon and measured at the outside spigot and the water heater drain valve, both read 120 psi. Every place I read about the water...
  6. diginside

Thanks Reach4! Is the pressure of 140 measured at the outside hose bib? Also I am not sure why the time lapse is to do with the pressure gauge.
  7. diginside

Ok. I appreciate your response. I could have sworn that I read at least one of these expansion tank manuals that it could be either vertically downwards or sideways. I just watched this youtube video from the handyguys - - the two gentlemen made no mention about their sideway installed tank...
  8. diginside

With due respect what do you mean "this disaster"?
  9. diginside

Thanks for the question and suggestion. The expansion tank was bought "pre-charged" but I did not check the house pressure. I wish the installation manual had your tip or I could have missed the "fine print". Will check the air pressure in the tank and likely recharge if not waterlogged.
  10. diginside

I noticed today the outside drain pipe for the T&P valve was dripping water. This got me concerned because this is the third T&P valve on this AO Smith Water heater that I installed new in 2017. Is it a problem with the valve or the water heater?
  11. diginside

Kitchen sink drain pipe slip-joint slips off

Thank you all for your responses. I am sorry I seem to have ignored you all. Actually it's because I did not set up notifications for my posting. I'll definitely look for the blue washer (I have red in there). I already spent time trying to find green ones when I read elsewhere someone...
  12. diginside

Kitchen sink drain pipe slip-joint slips off

I bought this "1-1/2 in. White Plastic Slip-Joint Sink Drain Center Outlet Waste" and installed in my remodeled kitchen less than a year ago. The rubber washer along with the slip-joint I circled in the attached photo have "slipped off" multiple times, wrecking small havoc obviously. I have...
  13. diginside

Slab Leak or Underground Service Line Leak

Thanks for the responses. I got a plumber out at the property and determined that the leak was not in the main service line. It is rather the copper line between the kitchen and bathroom, under the concrete slab of course. And because this is a two-story house, the plumber does not recommend...
  14. diginside

Slab Leak or Underground Service Line Leak

I am neither a plumber nor a DIY to claim in this regard. But I am close to be stressed out for sure. I found out yesterday my rental home had a slab leak. Inside the home, the water is coming out through the laminated floor on the concrete slab. Because the leak area was in the center of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks