Search results

1. Daniel Collick

Tankless w/external circulator

Is there a gas fired condensing tankless unit, with top mounted water connections, that works well with an external circulation pump? I like the top connections that are available in one of the Noritz lines, but none of them have a built in circulator. I know Noritz is one of several...
  2. Daniel Collick

Rinnai on demand T&P weeping

Model: RU180IN Serial: 21PF.BA-134479 Temp set at 120 degrees House water supply pressure has been verified using different gauges at a couple different locations. Factory T&P failed as well as 2 others including Cash Acme and Watts. Each T&P starts to drip. It’s stupid but Rinnai isn’t being...
  3. Daniel Collick

As plumbers, should we just walk away…?

A customer/contractor wants to convert a fiberglass tub to a walk-in shower, but the new shower needs a 2” drain. The customer/contractor is not committed to the work necessary for the plumber to provide a 2” drain, especially for a slab on grade installation, and insists on “telescoping” the...
  4. Daniel Collick

Flaring copper for below ground water piping

I thought I spent enough time researching flaring tools. The Hillmore that I purchased states it will flare 3/4” copper, but, as you can see in the picture, the 3/4” CTS copper doesn’t fit correctly in the block. Yes, we all know the OD is closer to 7/8”, but I figured as long as I’m using...
  5. Daniel Collick

Rerouting new residential main waste pipe.

Old house. Buried cast iron in the crawl space. Mainline clogged and we can’t get through the 4” iron santees on their backs/sides with any of our cable machines. Customer wants a whole new sewer line instead of having the line jetted from the city manhole back upstream towards the house. With a...
  6. Daniel Collick

1 Submersible feeding 2 residence

After 18 years in, I confess I may be a little outside my experience. If my terminology or conclusion is off point, I apologize in advance. I’ve installed pumps inside buildings, boosters, pressure tanks, etc, but incorporating something in this scenario I have not. -submersible pump in a lake...
  7. Daniel Collick

Booster pump on a well w/a press tank?

This isn’t my house, but you all know how it goes, since you’re a plumber you get volunteered to help people fix someone else’s mistakes...on a regular basis. Question 1: if the homeowner isn’t satisfied with the existing well pumps supply pressure, would it be better to adjust the pressure...
  8. Daniel Collick

Carbon monoxide question

So, I hope I can phrase this all correctly, but here goes. I have a 40 gallon natural gas, 36,000BTU, atmospheric vent water heater approximately 10 years old. It's installed in a room, approx 36 sq ft, with a washer & electric dryer. Had an "Energy Challenge" test completed, and found out that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks