Search results

1. Mikha'el

Washing machine/laundry sink - critique

Hi all - for some reason every example out there has the sink "downstream" of the WM standpipe. If you would, please let me know if there's anything amiss with this schematic - using UPC: Thanks, Michael
  2. Mikha'el

Gas WH in garage closet

Hi all, I'm moving my gas-fired WH to a new dedicated closet off the garage - can it sit directly on the garage slab or should I build a platform? The old closet had one, but that was from 1989. Does the door have to be weather sealed? It will have outside air supply ducting. Best I can tell...
  3. Mikha'el

Irrigation stub out for future?

As part of my complete tear out/rebuild I thought I'd be kind to a future owner and stub out a 1" line to the exterior for a future irrigation system. But poking around at irrigation design sites, it looks like the contractor often just locates the incoming service out in the yard and taps in...
  4. Mikha'el

Getting the sweats

Sure, I could use a shark-bite coupling and call it "ok" - the (temporary) ones I used 3-4 years ago have held up fine. But why not do it "right" - so I bit the bullet and gave copper sweating a go... It was faster and easier than I expected - used a TS4000T torch w/ MAP/PRO and Oatey #95...
  5. Mikha'el

Softener bypass configuration

Hi all - I'm surely into over-think here... But is there any reason not to pipe it like this: versus this: Not sure if there's a turbulence issue at the 1st tee in normal/non-bypass mode... again, overthinking?:rolleyes: Thanks, Michael
  6. Mikha'el

PEX sizing - new hose bibs

(also posted in irrigation forum) G'day all, Existing plumbing is all in-slab copper - 1" incoming service, 1/2" tee ahead of softener loop feeding two hose bibs. I'll be running PEX to new hose bibs at each corner, from a 1" manifold of some sort. Any suggestions on PEX sizing, individual...
  7. Mikha'el

PEX size/layout for new hose bibs

G'day all, Existing plumbing is all in-slab copper - 1" incoming service, 1/2" tee ahead of softener loop feeding two hose bibs. I'll be running PEX to new hose bibs at each corner, from a 1" manifold of some sort. Any suggestions on PEX sizing, individual homeruns vs. trunk/branch, etc? We're...
  8. Mikha'el

minimum distance from base of stack

Good day all, Per IPC: "704.3 Connections to offsets and bases of stacks. Horizontal branches shall connect to the bases of stacks at a point located not less than 10 times the diameter of the drainage stack downstream from the stack." I'm following UPC and haven't been able to find an...
  9. Mikha'el

New bathrooms, abandoning old underslab, etc.

Hi all - I started a modest bathroom remodel a few years ago... but then we decided to move the master suite to a garage attic extension and EVERYTHING changed. Dug back into my notes and re-read the code (Texas IPC - but we have no AHJ) and the forums. Looking for advice/confirmation on a few...
  10. Mikha'el

new 7000sxt - sanity check

Hi all - got the new system up and running: Fleck 7000SXT 32mm 1" connections (removed the noryl bypass - plumbed with 3-valve bypass) 12x52 Clack resin tank 2.0 cuft 8% Dow standard resin (USA) top basket + gravel underbedding 18x33 round brine tank w/ grid DLFC 3.5 gpm BLFC .25 gpm Injector...
  11. Mikha'el

Advice - sizing for efficiency (SFR vs. capacity)

Hello - new here. And new to water softening... Seattle ---> Austin, TX. Getting ready to DIY a system, and would like to get some advice on sizing. Already read many of the sizing posts here, but a sanity check would be appreciated. Municipal supply (city info says they use chloramine) 13 gpg...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks