Search results

1. Plumbs Away

Here's a Must Have for Every Well-Dressed Plumber

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-1960S-SHANDELMAN-GERBER-TOILET-CUFFLINKS-/361316903589?hash=item54202a6aa5:g:Ww0AAOSwrklVdybw
  2. Plumbs Away

Staying on Topic

God forbid I should ever be critical, but .... It is my observation that MOST people come here for helpful advice and information. Without calling out specific posters, we have a mathematician, an engineer and a Toto salesman who consistently stray way off, causing additional posts to the...
  3. Plumbs Away

Weak flush not getting to pit

My favorite pre-3.5 gpf mandate are the American Standard Cadet and the Gerber Mount Vernon. The Cadet was "prettier," but the Mount Vernon was less prone to clogging. I have one of each but can't, in good conscience, bring myself to install and use them.
  4. Plumbs Away

What is the Shallowest (front to back) Elongated Regular Height Toilet?

After a lot of research, the winners are tied at 28 inches (based on 12" rough-in): Toto Drake CST744S (1.6 gpf); Toto Eco Drake CST744E (1.28 gpf). These are under your price point. If you want the CeFiONtect (f/k/a CEFIONTECT) protective barrier option, it increases the lowest price I found...
  5. Plumbs Away

The pressure assist models have an incomparably strong flush, but are expensive to maintain when they need repair -- and they will. I would not recommend mixing and matching. Typically, the pressure assist model's bowl is specifically engineered to work with the pressure assist tank. I'm not...
  6. Plumbs Away

Both toilets I referenced are excellent and use readily available universal repair parts. The Cadet has American Standard's EverClean surface, which is comparable to Toto's CEFIONTECT. Some have complained of American Standard's quality control. If buying from a big box home center, take it...
  7. Plumbs Away

Good toilet that is shortest front-to-back?

A great toilet that fits your criteria is the Gerber Viper Compact ADA Height Elongated. At a depth of 26-5/8, it's a smidge longer but not by much. 1.6 gpf is model #VP-21-519 and 1.28 gpf is HE-21-519.
  8. Plumbs Away

Here are two 1.6 gpf toilets with a 14" rough-in, a STRONG flush, and they won't break the bank: American Standard Cadet PRO Compact Right Height Elongated, Model #215FC.004 Gerber Viper ADA Elongated, Model #VP-21-524 http://www.gerberonline.com/downloads/specs/Toilet/VP-21-524.pdf
  9. Plumbs Away

Stacked Sani Seal

You're constantly going off-topic to tout your preference for Toto, regardless of a poster's question. If I, for example, were to post a question as to which is the preferred brand of universal replacement flapper or fill valve, I would not be asking for a new toilet recommendation. Stay on...
  10. Plumbs Away

Toto Drake II vs Drake 1 vs American Standard Champion Pro

Deceit! Terry Love, it's common knowledge in the industry that you have your secret room filled to bursting with working and connected vintage Kohlers, Rheems, American Standards, Briggs, Cases, etc. :D
  11. Plumbs Away

I truly wasn't trying to be sarcastic -- this time. :D I thought maybe there was something I missed.
  12. Plumbs Away

Stacked Sani Seal

Interesting how you managed to work that into a thread about the viability of stacking Sani Seals.
  13. Plumbs Away

If you find a Drake II 1.6 GPF, please tell me where! Last I checked, the Drake II is available as a 1.28 or a 1.0 GPF.
  14. Plumbs Away

I had the Champion in my last home and the thing would probably have swallowed a large cat with no problems. I should emphasize, however, that mine was the 1.6 GPF model. I have no experience with the 1.28. The original Champion, as most here know, was problematic from its introduction...
  15. Plumbs Away

Vortens Rhodas 3123-3464 1.6 GPF ADA toilet

The fact that Vortens is made by Lamosa would scare me away immediately. Lamosa is (or was) sold at The Home Depot for $49. I've seen the performance and it's way less than impressive. Since you're looking for a dual-flush model with a more traditionally-styled trip lever, Kohler has Highline...
  16. Plumbs Away

Stacked Sani Seal

Naturally. Regardless of what kind of toilet issue someone has, a new Toto toilet will make it right EVERY time. Seriously, Gary. Are you on here as a Toto sales rep?
  17. Plumbs Away

Stacked Sani Seal

The Sani Seal is very thick. I'd try a dry fit with one. When you set the bowl on the seal, if you have to apply downward pressure on the bowl to make contact with the floor, you'll be good with one.
  18. Plumbs Away

Toilet won't flush.. Not clogged.

I had that exact problem recently and it turned out to be blockage in the main drain line outside of the house. The confusing thing was that only that one toilet was affected. I would never have suspected the main line until the washing machine drain in the basement backed up. It's the lowest...
  19. Plumbs Away

Replacing a 1929 14" rough toilet

Here's to hoping that the new Toto is kept cleaner than the old Standard it replaced! Is the Vespin II essentially a skirted Drake II?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks